GDT - Maple Leaves @ Sabres - December 4, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST)

Sabres Fan in NS

2 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Great game, Matthew beat us, thats it, he is just too good for any team. Such a insane talant he is, jack isnt even close

Though I think he's better than Jack, I don't get how the gap is that wide. He's clearly a much better goal scorer, but Jack is a better playmaker, and both had 2 goals tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'll say. I mean sure it sucks to lose with 2.7 seconds left in OT, but I can't imagine being down after this game. We went toe-to-toe with one of the best 4 teams in the league, Eichel scored 2 goals, we controlled OT outside of 1 shift. All while playing most of the game with 5 D. I'm way more encouraged about the Sabres tonight than after some of the wins during the streak.

Exactly this.

That was a fun game even though we didn't pull it out

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And Eichel doesn't care. Only scored 2, the bum.

Stop. He never said that.

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'll say. I mean sure it sucks to lose with 2.7 seconds left in OT, but I can't imagine being down after this game. We went toe-to-toe with one of the best 4 teams in the league, Eichel scored 2 goals, we controlled OT outside of 1 shift. All while playing most of the game with 5 D. I'm way more encouraged about the Sabres tonight than after some of the wins during the streak.

You have to be down. If you're not, you didn't get the culture change memo. That said, there's no good way to decide a hockey game unless it regular hockey until someone scores. See ya in April.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

That was an absolute rocket by Matthews...I dont know if there is a goalie on the planet who could have stopped that shot...

This series is going to be a lot of fun to watch for the next 10 years...

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, Sakman said:

I can foresee an AFC East situation here. No one is going to take the division from Toronto for quite some time. Probably in the entirety of Eichel's contract. 

I doubt that to many teams in the division I can see them winning it more often than other teams

1 minute ago, Sakman said:

I can foresee an AFC East situation here. No one is going to take the division from Toronto for quite some time. Probably in the entirety of Eichel's contract. 

Doubtful, give them a couple years and they are screwed cause once Matthew's and Marners contracts are up, their team will be Matthew's,Marner, Traitor, and Nylander followed by a bunch of fourth liners cause they wont have the money to spend. Look at Pittsburgh now.....

The Sabres have a nice three day stretch without playing. Hopefully this game gave them their mojo back, they sure played like it. If our boys are back, and well-rested, no reason to think we won't start winning games again, as painful as it is to lose like that. 

Risto was coverage on the 3rd Toronto goal away from his best game since he scored the game winner after shutting down McDavid in Buffalo in November 2016. 

It was a great effort and I think they've found their confidence, and are now pissed off in a good way.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

Yep, you are correct sir.... all while playing  3 of top 4 teams over the last 4 games played in 6 nights.. 

This is not your tank Sabres...  

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Stop. He never said that.

You have to be down. If you're not, you didn't get the culture change memo. That said, there's no good way to decide a hockey game unless it regular hockey until someone scores. See ya in April.

I'm not saying anyone should be happy they lost. But man, there is way more good to pull out of this game than bad. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Doubtful, give them a couple years and they are screwed cause once Matthew's and Marners contracts are up, their team will be Matthew's,Marner, Traitor, and Nylander followed by a bunch of fourth liners cause they wont have the money to spend. Look at Pittsburgh now.....

That is a great point... and they will have little money for the blue line

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.