GDT - Maple Leaves @ Sabres - December 4, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST)

Sabres Fan in NS

6 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I don't know what your burden of proof is, but I believe it enough based on his comments and my game observation this year

It seems like if Eichel had made a major adjustment to his stick and it was affecting his game that much, it would have been in the news by now.

39 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Guilty pleasure: I hate Pierre, but I won't lie, I'm going to enjoy hearing him say how great Dahlin is all night. 

I was thinking about this earlier. It will never make me like Pierre but it will be nice to not just listen to him jizzing over other players all night.

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It seems like if Eichel had made a major adjustment to his stick and it was affecting his game that much, it would have been in the news by now.

Last point on this - I don't think they were major adjustments, maybe half and inch each year. But I think of golf (which I'm more familiar with) where I have lengthened my clubs as a taller guy. I could probably shorten my irons by a half inch or so and not notice, but if I keep doing it eventually those shots that I used to hit pure are now topped and I suddenly look horrible. I don't know where that tipping point is, but I think we're seeing it with Jack now.

Edited by Samson's Flow

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The quote was vague. But if his stick has been shorter one season to the next, wouldn't we have seen issues last year and the year before? I'm just not buying it. It sounds like excuse making. If it's that big a problem, I'm guessing he would have changed back by now.

They were literally giving like a gear update weren't they? Why would he talk about that if he wasn't shortening his stick for the upcoming season? It wouldn't make any sense at all given the context of their discussion. "Oh hey I shortened my stick two summers ago" 

And I dunno, but I have about 5 hockey sticks of varying sizes, but within reason for someone my height, and 3 of them are interchangeable and the other two are unusable, and you would never be able to pick which two are unusable for me, it just has to do with what I'm used to, and I play a lot less than Jack. I don't think there's a linear relationship between stick length and ability or inability to do particular things with them. 

Excuse making for what? What is more reasonable? That Jack still hasn't figured out how to pick corners with a new twig, but is still a hockey player pacing for more points than he's ever had and doing really well in tight with it? Or that Jack just plain forgot how to do two weirdly specific skills, stickhandling in open ice and taking one-timers? But is great/fine at everything else? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.