GDT - Maple Leaves @ Sabres - December 4, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST)

Sabres Fan in NS

Thanks to our fan in Baltimore who is up with the crows for getting us up and going last night in Nashville, but I will give this a go ...

I know many Sabres fans hate Toronto, but my hatred is all encompassing for The Great Satan.

My hockey hatred is saved for others.

JUST WIN, BABY!!  

I don't care how it looks.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Thanks to our fan in Baltimore who is up with the crows for getting us up and going last night in Nashville, but I will give this a go ...

I refused to make a thread again today since the results for yesterday sucked. I'm banning myself from starting any GDT threads in the future.

While every game is a must win, This is a REALLY must win for 2 big reasons:

1) Toronto fans love to invade our barn and we need to send them home feeling like they wasted their time/money. No joy for them in our house. Ever.

2) We need to end this 3 game losing skid and get back to winning.

There are a lot of other reasons why we need to win like: division game, showing we can beat another top team, nationally televised game, etc. But those are my top 2.

My big questions are whose in net tonight, and who comes back from injury? Typically he's been playing Ullmark on the second nights of back to back. I feel like our goaltending tandem continues to be solid so I'm good either way. I'll be curious if Housely decides to play Hutton again or not though given the importance of this game. We also have the rest of the week off until Saturday night.

They mentioned last night Pommers may be able to go tonight. Sheary seems to be close too. I haven't heard anything about Mccabe. Getting all or some of those guys back would be a big help, particularly McCabe.

I'll miss this entire game.. unless I stand in the bar at the rink during my son's HS game.  ?

Just win baby.  The Leafs are a team you can never lose to, especially at home. It's disgusting listening to their fans in the Sabres home rink.

They need to drop the dumb pp drop pass. It hasn't worked. They also need to be more aggressive on the PK. We are seeing our lack of depth right now and this team is just worn down. They have spurts still but as many have commented we just don't have the horses to run the race we want yet. 

Tonight they need to shoot early and often and keep Toronto's defense on their heels. TOR attacking and getting zone time will result in a loss. I'd like to see a win and think we can do that. 

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They need to drop the dumb pp drop pass. It hasn't worked. They also need to be more aggressive on the PK. We are seeing our lack of depth right now and this team is just worn down. They have spurts still but as many have commented we just don't have the horses to run the race we want yet. 

Tonight they need to shoot early and often and keep Toronto's defense on their heels. TOR attacking and getting zone time will result in a loss. I'd like to see a win and think we can do that. 

The double drop pass is even better.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, slugspirit said:

Miro was solid for 25+ goals every year. Why the hate?

Dude.  Not that Satan.  The Great Satan.  I will just assume you are being a sarcastic bugger (insert winkie - winkie thingie here).

28 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I think he meant the bruins ?

WRONG!!

My hatred of the Bruins goes far deeper than calling them that.  And, besides, there can only be one Great Satan.  And, Toronto, Ontario, Canada is it.

And on top of all that ...

MUST WIN!! (for more than just the obvious reasons) ...

GO SABRES!!

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I was told by my friend that I am now going tonight, as a happy belated birthday present, don't know where I'm sitting, but damn! That's an awesome gift, I hope they don't let me down! 

You better make us proud and don't run to us if you end up in jail, Rudy.

That's a Message to You ... ?

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I prefer Rudie, but ...

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I was told by my friend that I am now going tonight, as a happy belated birthday present, don't know where I'm sitting, but damn! That's an awesome gift, I hope they don't let me down! 

3 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You better make us proud and don't run to us if you end up in jail, Rudy.

That's a Message to You ... ?

NS is right, Woody, you'd better think of your future...

• Like (+1) 1

Tuesday work nights typically suck eggs.

Except when your favorite Hockey team is playing the 2nd of a back to back against a hated division rival.

Jack usually elevates his game against his fellow american Austin. We need to keep the game simple and try to dictate play more than chase after it.    

Let's Go Buffalo!

Lets' blow these leaves away.  

The arena is going to be uuuuuuuuugly tonight. I wonder if NBCSN is going to cheat the Sabres fans out for the third game in a row with the other team's announcers on a "national" broadcast. What a joke that is. ***** you, NBCSN. 

The Sabres show up for these games and this one is going to be intense and exciting, and after three losses in a row, really needs to be a win. Is it Nylander's first game? 

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The arena is going to be uuuuuuuuugly tonight. I wonder if NBCSN is going to cheat the Sabres fans out for the third game in a row with the other team's announcers on a "national" broadcast. What a joke that is. ***** you, NBCSN. 

The Sabres show up for these games and this one is going to be intense and exciting, and after three losses in a row, really needs to be a win. Is it Nylander's first game? 

It is on TSN4, as well.

Crank up the old satellite, young man.  Being a science guy that should be a piece of cake for you, no?

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It is on TSN4, as well.

Crank up the old satellite, young man.  Being a science guy that should be a piece of cake for you, no?

I can mathematically model the properties of far-field radiation due to a small oscillating source, breaking the radiation into terms represented by electric and magnetic dipoles, electric quadrupoles, etc. because of JD Jackson

But I am about as good at actually building/doing things with technology as the large rock outside my window is

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

To quote a 15ish year old commercial: "Die, Maple Leafs, die!" ?

The Bart, the 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I can mathematically model the properties of far-field radiation due to a small oscillating source, breaking the radiation into terms represented by electric and magnetic dipoles, electric quadrupoles, etc. because of JD Jackson

But I am about as good at actually building/doing things with technology as the large rock outside my window is

The Bart, the 

Anybody that can speak German can't be all bad.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.