GDT - Sabres @ Predators - December 3, 2018 - 8pm EST

SabresBaltimore

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Pilut with Risto is pretty ambitious.  Maybe Howie doesn't think Beaulieu or Nelson can handle that spot.

Not all that ambitious.  Makes sure that on the road against 1 of the top teams in the league he doesn't get caught with Nelson & Pilut out against the Johansen line.

He also gets to see how much Pilut can elevate his game.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not all that ambitious.  Makes sure that on the road against 1 of the top teams in the league he doesn't get caught with Nelson & Pilut out against the Johansen line.

A cold breeze blew down my spine as I read this part.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yes.

Plus I don't want either Nelson or Beaulieu influencing how he learns to play in the NHL, since they are the worse pairing we put out on the ice. 

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Drifting a little off-topic here, but Beaulieu has looked capable on the third pair and in my view is in the process of saving his NHL career. The Tampa game was among his best in a Buffalo uniform.

Oh, yeah.  He's been a capable 3rd pairing guy (maybe even a 5) whichis why I graded him out as a A against expectations.  REALLY expected a few Housley to Richer's out of him by now.  REALLY glad he hasn't been doing that.

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Drifting a little off-topic here, but Beaulieu has looked capable on the third pair and in my view is in the process of saving his NHL career. The Tampa game was among his best in a Buffalo uniform.

I would agree the last several games have been his best and he does have 5 pts and is +5 for his 14 minutes a game.

Though from my eye test him and Nelson still end up running around their end in Alamo mode more than the top 2 allowing too much cycle time to the opposing team. 

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Three lines I'm happy with and the one I wish was better still has 17-71, who scored two goals together not that long ago and have chemistry. 

Can't blame Phil for much of anything tonight. Maybe if Pilut blows up, but Beaulieu-Nelson has been together a while and I'll take the slight risk on the Risto pair (using it heavily offensively) for the chemistry 8-82 have.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.