GDT - Sabres @ Predators - December 3, 2018 - 8pm EST

SabresBaltimore

I didn't see a thread for this, so I figured I'd make one.

Sabres are on a 2 game skid, while the Predators are coming off a 5-2 win over Chicago on Saturday making them 5-5-0 and their last 10.  Both teams have 37 points, but Nashville has the current tie-breakers without a head-to-head record.

This is the first of two big games back to back. Will Hutton start tonight or tomorrow? Or will Housely play him back to back?

Let's Go Buf-fa-lo!

I get up at 4am for work, so an 8pm start is rough for me. I'll probably try to stay up for the whole game, but I'll likely be taking a nap before tomorrow night's game against the Leafs.

7 minutes ago, RambosKnife said:

No lines posted so maybe the following. Could be wrong.

Skinner Jack Sam

Sheary Mitts KO

TT Larson Sobotka

Elie Girgs Berglund 

Is Sheary back tonight? I think I'd rather keep Tage on the Middlestat/Okposo line either way. I'd probably also play Rodriguez over Elie

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Having a game on the same time as MNF sucks but that's what bars were made for

Being millennial, shouldn't you just watch one on your phone and one on your tablet with an earbud in each side while texting and eating avocado toast? ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MattPie said:

Being millennial, shouldn't you just watch one on your phone and one on your tablet with an earbud in each side while texting and eating avocado toast? ?

I try to avoid avocados. The way the market exploits slave labor in 3rd world countries with banana republics? I won't be a part of that...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

This game won't be as bad as it could be with the injuries Nashville is facing, but the players should not think of it like that, of course. 

The Sabres have a 3 game win streak in Nashville. They've all been rather eventful. Sam has a lot of goals and points in those games. The first one he scored twice in a surprising 4-1 win (I think that was the score). Then two years ago the Sabres were down 2 goals with a couple minutes left and roared back to tie it. Then came the famous Eichel goal in OT, beautifully capping off the Eichel Tower story that ran earlier in the game. Finally, last year, even though the Sabres were dreadful, they played an epic game in which a 5 minute major allowed them to score about 4 power play goals and they ran Nashville out of the building 7-4, each of the PP staples picking up loads of points, and I think Sam even had a hat trick. 

Let's hope these guys just love playing in that building and come out strong to end the sudden losing streak Buffalo sports is dealing with! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The millennials have hijacked the thread (but mainly because it’s work hours and none of us have jobs)

I don’t know why but that dirty little hamster who plays in Pittsburgh looks like a millennial but I don’t know his age. His name is Phil though. Usually spotted with a soy boy named Cindy.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RambosKnife said:

I don’t know why but that dirty little hamster who plays in Pittsburgh looks like a millennial but I don’t know his age. His name is Phil though. Usually spotted with a soy boy named Cindy.

99.99% of current pro athletes are millennials

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

and here are the Sabres Lines from Practice yesterday 

Those are some lines I can get behind. 

Keeping the shutdown line intact and finally playing ERod with another skill winger in Sheary. The defense looks a little rough with Risto and McCabe not on them, but hopefully Risto is just a maintenance day and can go tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.