Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
North Buffalo

NHL All Star Fan Balloting has begun

Recommended Posts

Are we doing Rory Fitzpatrick again or is that over?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eleven said:

Are we doing Rory Fitzpatrick again or is that over?

I think its over... think Jack, Skinner and Dhalin and maybe a good word for Bogo and Risto who have been a workhorses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one will actually be interesting to watch thanks to the way they pick the teams now.  This team has two all stars in Eichel and Skinner, but realistically, only one gets in.  It should be Eichel, but if that goal column keeps growing for Skinner, it's tough for them to leave a near league leader at home.

Yeah, they could both get in, but I think it'll be too tough to get around the Toronto love that is essentially guaranteed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh but the experts picked Domi WTH??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh but the experts picked Domi WTH??

Everybody gets one.  He's the obvious pick for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Eleven said:

Are we doing Rory Fitzpatrick again or is that over?

No, but we need to put the Bat Signal back up to let the Latvians know to vote for Zemgus.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shrader said:

This one will actually be interesting to watch thanks to the way they pick the teams now.  This team has two all stars in Eichel and Skinner, but realistically, only one gets in.  It should be Eichel, but if that goal column keeps growing for Skinner, it's tough for them to leave a near league leader at home.

Yeah, they could both get in, but I think it'll be too tough to get around the Toronto love that is essentially guaranteed.

Do the fans pick all the players now, or is it just the starters they select?  (Hadn't heard they changed from just the starters, but really don't follow the voting closely/nearly at all.)

If the fans still just pick the starters, Eichel should be in & Skinner & Hutton have outside shots of still making it.  Maybe even Ristolainen could get in.  Would be shocked if the Sabres got 3 in, but 2 is definitely possible.  (If the fans pick them all, sorry all not named Jack.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that voting only cements a captain for each division.  The captain picks nothing, and the league picks the rest.  So any fan picks will only be one per division.  John Scott was voted in as a captain.

Each team consists of about six forwards, three defensemen, and two goalies.  They gave the host market four roster spots last year (Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, and Vasilevsky), which was similar to previous years.  This year, it's in SJ, so expect Pavelski, Burns, and Karlsson, at least, and maybe Martin Jones; all of them have been before.

In the Northeast Division, no players have made it each of the three years of this format and are still in the Northeast Division (Karlsson's been in every year).  Three players have made it each of the past two years and are still around: Marchand, Matthews, Price.  The only Sabres involved in the newer format have been O'Reilly, Okposo, and Eichel.

It's super unlikely that a Sabre is fan-voted as captain in the same voting group as Ovechkin and Crosby and Stamkos.  Eichel could likely be NHL-selected again, but Skinner also makes a compelling case.  As of this post, Eichel is 12th in points (6th in NE) and Skinner is 2nd in goals (1st in NE).  With 9 skating spots and 8 teams in the division, I highly doubt we get both, but it'd be fun to watch.  Dahlin won't likely be selected over other D.  Ristolainen has a slim chance over some other D, but isn't as solid of selection as Eichel or Skinner in the big picture.

 

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Remember that voting only cements a captain for each division.  The captain picks nothing, and the league picks the rest.  So any fan picks will only be one per division.  John Scott was voted in as a captain.

Each team consists of about six forwards, three defensemen, and two goalies.  They gave the host market four roster spots last year (Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, and Vasilevsky), which was similar to previous years.  This year, it's in SJ, so expect Pavelski, Burns, and Karlsson, at least, and maybe Martin Jones; all of them have been before.

In the Northeast Division, no players have made it each of the three years of this format and are still in the Northeast Division (Karlsson's been in every year).  Three players have made it each of the past two years and are still around: Marchand, Matthews, Price.  The only Sabres involved in the newer format have been O'Reilly, Okposo, and Eichel.

It's super unlikely that a Sabre is fan-voted as captain in the same voting group as Ovechkin and Crosby and Stamkos.  Eichel could likely be NHL-selected again, but Skinner also makes a compelling case.  As of this post, Eichel is 12th in points (6th in NE) and Skinner is 2nd in goals (1st in NE).  With 9 skating spots and 8 teams in the division, I highly doubt we get both, but it'd be fun to watch.  Dahlin won't likely be selected over other D.  Ristolainen has a slim chance over some other D, but isn't as solid of selection as Eichel or Skinner in the big picture.

 

Good post.  Only quibble is Eichelis up against Tavares, Matthews, & Stamkos; not Ovechkin & Crosby.

Had forgot that fans only select captains & not all 4 starters for each team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Good post.  Only quibble is Eichelis up against Tavares, Matthews, & Stamkos; not Ovechkin & Crosby.

Had forgot that fans only select captains & not all 4 starters for each team.

And then there’s Toronto’s leading scorer Marner. As crazy as it sounds, Tavares could be their odd man out if they decide not to go with nothing but Leafs. 

 

Do they still do the young stars game? That’s Dahlin’s spot for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not hard to imagine the league’s second-highest goal scorer, Skinner, not making it.

Which is pretty hard to imagine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dudacek said:

It’s not hard to imagine the league’s second-highest goal scorer, Skinner, not making it.

Which is pretty hard to imagine.

 

Well you see we need to make sure that the Coyotes can send *checks notes* Michael Grabner and that the Kings can send *flips page* Ilya Kovalchuk. And don't forget about *squints* Cody Eakin of the Vegas Golden Knights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2018 at 7:27 PM, Eleven said:

Are we doing Rory Fitzpatrick again or is that over?

Underrated post.

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

No, but we need to put the Bat Signal back up to let the Latvians know to vote for Zemgus.

That was a gosh darn sham! He was so awful during that All Star Game. I'm pretty sure he was the only person who didn't have a point in that game. I felt bad for his line. He sucked so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skinner, Crosby, MacKinnon and McDavid are my votes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Taro T said:

  Only quibble is Eichelis up against Tavares, Matthews, & Stamkos; not Ovechkin & Crosby.

Troof.  The ballot on mobile is laid out wonky, and I got crossed up.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I nominate: Eleven, LTS, NS, and D4rk (for nostalgia sake) 

We are quite bullish on PA, but he hasn't quite lived up to his contract, yet, he'll get there. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I nominate: Eleven, LTS, NS, and D4rk (for nostalgia sake) 

We are quite bullish on PA, but he hasn't quite lived up to his contract, yet, he'll get there. 

 

At his age, if PA retires, he still counts against the cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shrader said:

At his age, if PA retires, he still counts against the cap.

Maybe we'll find a team to take a cap dump and trade his rights to HF? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shrader said:

At his age, if PA retires, he still counts against the cap.

The tin foil cap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you voted today... 10 times each day... don't make me start making robo calls.  Remember, I ran a few campaigns, knocked on every door in the City of Alexandria, went to the Menominee reservation in WI for a Presidential election and was the first person to organize door knocking asking for votes on the reservation ever...  make it happen Sabrespacers or I will find you... LOL

Edited by North Buffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×