Jump to content
New Scotland (NS)

GDT - Sabres @ Panthers - November 30, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST)

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Fun! 

Double fun!

Edited by ...
I'm a doofus.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys and gals,

I just took a look at the schedule and I reserve the right to go back to my more flamboyant GDT titles for that afternoon.

Kay?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Guys and gals,

I just took a look at the schedule and I reserve the right to go back to my more flamboyant GDT titles for that afternoon.

Kay?

You'll anger people, though. You know...people...by enjoying yourself too much.  So, you might not have been warned, but, you've been warned.  Let that be a warning to you.

748320.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ... said:

You'll anger people, though. You know...people...by enjoying yourself too much.  So, you might not have been warned, but, you've been warned.  Let that be a warning to you.

748320.gif

I hear you.  Thanks. 

You know what though, this GDT title is not me.  The Dastardly Flyer (although liger beat me to it, but he adjusted his title), The Snarks and the Lightning GDTs ... those titles are me.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested to see the teams response tonight. It would be nice to get right back into the win column. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, inkman said:

Sweet. Can't wait to see that Amerks blue line tonight. I guess Redmond, Guhle and Borgen will have to suffice. 😃

Our winning stops when Pilut isn’t in the lineup. I hope Guhle is better than last home game. I can’t handle more blind pass turnovers. The less Tennyson on the ice the better. Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Berglund in for Elie well

This is a major upgrade

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Berglund in for Elie well

Glad to see Berglund back in over Elie.

Excited to see what Pilut brings (will he get PP time?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited to watch Pilut. I have more faith in him than any available evidence warrants, and the available evidence tells us he should be our top non-Dahlin defensive "prospect." 

I hope he's ready, and I hope he does good things! No shame in him not being quite there yet and having to go back down. But wouldn't it be something if his play forced us to keep him up?

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Berglund in for Elie well

Thanks for the effort you put in out there, Remi.

Very happy to have Bergy back with his boys. 

I'm getting good vibes for this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to see us rout a team and I think this is the game to do it. With Nashville & Toronto after this, this is a must get 2 points.

I predict Pilut has two goals, because why the hell not?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that Jack is playing well and racking up the points, but I would really like to see him pot a few tonight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I know that Jack is playing well and racking up the points, but I would really like to see him pot a few tonight.

Sam had his two goal night last night. It's Jack's turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chapter 1: Mixed bag first 15 games with plenty of promising signs: 7-6-2. Slightly below Deluca .500, but above NHL .500. A pretty good start.

Chapter 2: The Streak. 

Today marks 2018-19 Sabres, Chapter 3: (Streak) Aftermath. 

To the Bolded: FTFY.

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Randall, I can feel it already, the start to this game. A sea of empty seats, that jarring low camera angle, sort of a dull hangover-feel to the Sabres' game. They've been so spoiled by lively crowds, both at home and away, I wonder how they'll respond to a hockey night in Miami on a Friday in November. My prediction is that Panthers jump on us early and we of course come back but lose another close one — the miracle moments drying up. The narrative starts to become: This team could be for real. 

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Berglund in for Elie well

I am erect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I am erect

In the words of Aerosmith, sounds like you have a:

Sweeeeede Erreeeeect Shhuuuun

As for me, my get up and go must have got up and went.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm excited to watch Pilut. I have more faith in him than any available evidence warrants, and the available evidence tells us he should be our top non-Dahlin defensive "prospect.

I hope he's ready, and I hope he does good things! No shame in him not being quite there yet and having to go back down. But wouldn't it be something if his play forced us to keep him up?

Thanks for the effort you put in out there, Remi.

Very happy to have Bergy back with his boys. 

I'm getting good vibes for this one.

Available evidence could make for a good argument that, a this point, Pilut could be on Dahlin's level. They played in the same league last year and Pilut was named the Best D-man and scored more than Dahlin. At this point in tine, Pilut has the upper hand in experience and not necessarily skill (or rather "up-side"). They say he's a great skater, calm under pressure, good passer, etc just like Dahlin. This might be a comparison like....Hedman/ Karlsson and wouldn't it be great if that ends up being the case.

The only thing i can see right now is the size difference but I haven't seen Pilut play in person. 

Can any of our Amerks fans chime in that have seen both play and give me a comparison prior to game time so I know what to watch out for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Available evidence could make for a good argument that, a this point, Pilut could be on Dahlin's level. They played in the same league last year and Pilut was named the Best D-man and scored more than Dahlin. At this point in tine, Pilut has the upper hand in experience and not necessarily skill (or rather "up-side"). They say he's a great skater, calm under pressure, good passer, etc just like Dahlin. This might be a comparison like....Hedman/ Karlsson and wouldn't it be great if that ends up being the case.

The only thing i can see right now is the size difference but I haven't seen Pilut play in person. 

Can any of our Amerks fans chime in that have seen both play and give me a comparison prior to game time so I know what to watch out for. 

Pilut is 4 years older than Dahlin and Dahlin will grow exponentially within those 4 years. Even since last season in the SHL, Dahlin will have grown so much to have surpassed Pilut. I believe Dahlin is the better player right now. 

As to the bolded, I think we have to pump the breaks on Pilut a tad, and I'm saying that as someone excited to see him play. 

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thorny said:

Pilut is 4 years older than Dahlin and Dahlin will grow exponentially within those 4 years. Even since last season in the SHL, Dahlin will have grown so much to have surpassed Pilut. I believe Dahlin is the better player right now. 

Can you give an input as to what aspects Dahlin is better? QB PP? Passer? Skater?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pilut sucks until he proves otherwise.   There's a reason he wasn't drafted.    There's a reason he's been in Sweden for so long.    He's a poor man's Victor Antipin.    His AHL stats are meaningless, that's like B level hockey.    

That said, I'm pumped to see him play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Can you give an input as to what aspects Dahlin is better? QB PP? Passer? Skater?

Why would Pilut be in the AHL and Dahlin in the NHL if Pilut was better or even as good as Dahlin, a guy who's having a massive positive impact on our success this season? I'd hold it against Botterill/Housley a bit if Pilut steps in and is immediately our 2nd best D-man, that he didn't bring him up sooner. 

Dahlin is better all around, and in many areas. Not least, in NHL experience. He'll look better tonight than Pilut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×