GDT - Sabres @ Panthers - November 30, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST)

Sabres Fan in NS

To be fair during the winning streak we had an awful lot of puck luck so law of averages and getting regularly outplayed and expecting to pull it out in teh end is not a Stanley cup champion strategy. 

@PASabreFan nailed it with Phil and this team have a lot of work to do here to get this train back on track.. 

I feel like the Sabres Godfather, "Just when I thought I was in, they pull me back out!

Actually, I'm still positive about the team.  I wouldn't be pissed if if I didn't care (like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...).

Honestly, without the context of the winning streak, that was indistinguishable from the worst of last season, or an average tank game. 

5v5 shot attempts were 65 to 28. 

PA has a great point. There was some stuff going on during the streak that you keep together because streaks, but probably wasn't going to work all year, and now it's time to start addressing it. We have to stop putting together bottom sixes that get caved in, and we have to stop playing Jack against Barkov ?

We have combos we know work down there. 10-22-28 has almost 200 minutes of gutsy, grindy goodness and 71-17-72 could very well be okay to play above them. If you don't want to take Tage off Casey's line, put Sam on Vlad's (that combo scored twice the last time they were together) and try to rejuvinate Pominville on two days' rest with Jack and Jeff again. 

Get McCabe and Scandy man healthy. Reset, and come out with your hair on fire Monday. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

4 bad penalties against one of the best PP teams in the league & every single one by a key member of the PK.  (w/ Scandella & McCabe out, Dahlin is a key PKer)  Cut that down by 2 & they sneak a 2-1 win out of a game they were outplayed.

Overall, liked Pilut's game.  Had a very bad shift to start the 3rd (& apparently 1 other bad puck into the slot @ the end of the 2nd) but other than that, he played well.  Liked him better in a 3rd pairing role better than Beaulieuin a 2nd pairing role.  And, Dahlin's not ready for top pairing.  He'll get there, but he's not there.

And maybe they get a goal from another line w/ Reinhart off Eichel's line & maybe Pominville finds a rebound on it; but NO WAY they get the 1st goal w/ Pominville on that line.

Linus deserved better.

6 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Yikes.

If this trend continues you guys are going to fire my ass.  That's if chz doesn't do it first.

I feel shame.

I'll show myself out ...

Eh, the Snarks thread worked.  Just like the Sabres, you just need a couple days off to rest up and get back to fundamentals.  It'll all be OK.

• Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.