GDT - Sabres @ Panthers - November 30, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST)

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, Thorny said:

Why would Pilut be in the AHL and Dahlin in the NHL if Pilut was better or even as good as Dahlin, a guy who's having a massive positive impact on our success this season? I'd hold it against Botterill/Housley a bit if Pilut steps in and is immediately our 2nd best D-man, that he didn't bring him up sooner. 

Dahlin is better all around, and in many areas. Not least, in NHL experience. He'll look better tonight than Pilut. 

Being the "generational" player Dahlin is expected to be is the reason why. Pilut was supposed to need to get acclimated to the rink size and American-style of play in Roch. There were no real "knocks" on Pilut's game that I recall. He's also tearing up the AHL. I hope Pilut is at least 2/3 the player Dahlin is...I will be ecstatic.

8 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I just saw a photo of Pilut on the pre-game show...he looks like a young/old Tilda Swinton with hair. My analysis is that it will translate well onto the ice.

Reminds me of Tyler Ennis.

image.thumb.png.e3d80672156b0dbb1f172740e4dccd71.png

29 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Pilut sucks until he proves otherwise.   There's a reason he wasn't drafted.    There's a reason he's been in Sweden for so long.    He's a poor man's Victor Antipin.    His AHL stats are meaningless, that's like B level hockey.    

That said, I'm pumped to see him play.

I guess that's one way to look at it...lol

That way we can be surprised if he plays well.

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm not feeling Berglund with Pommers 

Would be much happier with Rodrigues and Berglund swapped.

But with the Rasmi expected to play 30 minutes apiece, guess Housley figures those 6 forwards will beinterchangeable.  With the BB guns working Eichel's 5 man unit & Nelson & New Guy as Mittelstadt's pair.  (Not really expecting those 5 man units.  But do expect tge Rasmi to be at least 27 minutes each.)

Just now, Taro T said:

Would be much happier with Rodrigues and Berglund swapped.

But with the Rasmi expected to play 30 minutes apiece, guess Housley figures those 6 forwards will beinterchangeable.  With the BB guns working Eichel's 5 man unit & Nelson & New Guy as Mittelstadt's pair.  (Not really expecting those 5 man units.  But do expect tge Rasmi to be at least 27 minutes each.)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.