GDT - Sabres @ Panthers - November 30, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST)

Sabres Fan in NS

5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Guys and gals,

I just took a look at the schedule and I reserve the right to go back to my more flamboyant GDT titles for that afternoon.

Kay?

You'll anger people, though. You know...people...by enjoying yourself too much.  So, you might not have been warned, but, you've been warned.  Let that be a warning to you.

748320.gif

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ... said:

You'll anger people, though. You know...people...by enjoying yourself too much.  So, you might not have been warned, but, you've been warned.  Let that be a warning to you.

748320.gif

I hear you.  Thanks. 

You know what though, this GDT title is not me.  The Dastardly Flyer (although liger beat me to it, but he adjusted his title), The Snarks and the Lightning GDTs ... those titles are me.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Sweet. Can't wait to see that Amerks blue line tonight. I guess Redmond, Guhle and Borgen will have to suffice. ?

Our winning stops when Pilut isn’t in the lineup. I hope Guhle is better than last home game. I can’t handle more blind pass turnovers. The less Tennyson on the ice the better. Yep.

I'm excited to watch Pilut. I have more faith in him than any available evidence warrants, and the available evidence tells us he should be our top non-Dahlin defensive "prospect." 

I hope he's ready, and I hope he does good things! No shame in him not being quite there yet and having to go back down. But wouldn't it be something if his play forced us to keep him up?

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Berglund in for Elie well

Thanks for the effort you put in out there, Remi.

Very happy to have Bergy back with his boys. 

I'm getting good vibes for this one.

• Like (+1) 1

Chapter 1: Mixed bag first 15 games with plenty of promising signs: 7-6-2. Slightly below Deluca .500, but above NHL .500. A pretty good start.

Chapter 2: The Streak. 

Today marks 2018-19 Sabres, Chapter 3: (Streak) Aftermath. 

To the Bolded: FTFY.

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Randall, I can feel it already, the start to this game. A sea of empty seats, that jarring low camera angle, sort of a dull hangover-feel to the Sabres' game. They've been so spoiled by lively crowds, both at home and away, I wonder how they'll respond to a hockey night in Miami on a Friday in November. My prediction is that Panthers jump on us early and we of course come back but lose another close one — the miracle moments drying up. The narrative starts to become: This team could be for real. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm excited to watch Pilut. I have more faith in him than any available evidence warrants, and the available evidence tells us he should be our top non-Dahlin defensive "prospect.

I hope he's ready, and I hope he does good things! No shame in him not being quite there yet and having to go back down. But wouldn't it be something if his play forced us to keep him up?

Thanks for the effort you put in out there, Remi.

Very happy to have Bergy back with his boys. 

I'm getting good vibes for this one.

Available evidence could make for a good argument that, a this point, Pilut could be on Dahlin's level. They played in the same league last year and Pilut was named the Best D-man and scored more than Dahlin. At this point in tine, Pilut has the upper hand in experience and not necessarily skill (or rather "up-side"). They say he's a great skater, calm under pressure, good passer, etc just like Dahlin. This might be a comparison like....Hedman/ Karlsson and wouldn't it be great if that ends up being the case.

The only thing i can see right now is the size difference but I haven't seen Pilut play in person. 

Can any of our Amerks fans chime in that have seen both play and give me a comparison prior to game time so I know what to watch out for. 

3 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Available evidence could make for a good argument that, a this point, Pilut could be on Dahlin's level. They played in the same league last year and Pilut was named the Best D-man and scored more than Dahlin. At this point in tine, Pilut has the upper hand in experience and not necessarily skill (or rather "up-side"). They say he's a great skater, calm under pressure, good passer, etc just like Dahlin. This might be a comparison like....Hedman/ Karlsson and wouldn't it be great if that ends up being the case.

The only thing i can see right now is the size difference but I haven't seen Pilut play in person. 

Can any of our Amerks fans chime in that have seen both play and give me a comparison prior to game time so I know what to watch out for. 

Pilut is 4 years older than Dahlin and Dahlin will grow exponentially within those 4 years. Even since last season in the SHL, Dahlin will have grown so much to have surpassed Pilut. I believe Dahlin is the better player right now. 

As to the bolded, I think we have to pump the breaks on Pilut a tad, and I'm saying that as someone excited to see him play. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

Pilut is 4 years older than Dahlin and Dahlin will grow exponentially within those 4 years. Even since last season in the SHL, Dahlin will have grown so much to have surpassed Pilut. I believe Dahlin is the better player right now. 

Can you give an input as to what aspects Dahlin is better? QB PP? Passer? Skater?

Pilut sucks until he proves otherwise.   There's a reason he wasn't drafted.    There's a reason he's been in Sweden for so long.    He's a poor man's Victor Antipin.    His AHL stats are meaningless, that's like B level hockey.    

That said, I'm pumped to see him play.

Just now, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Can you give an input as to what aspects Dahlin is better? QB PP? Passer? Skater?

Why would Pilut be in the AHL and Dahlin in the NHL if Pilut was better or even as good as Dahlin, a guy who's having a massive positive impact on our success this season? I'd hold it against Botterill/Housley a bit if Pilut steps in and is immediately our 2nd best D-man, that he didn't bring him up sooner. 

Dahlin is better all around, and in many areas. Not least, in NHL experience. He'll look better tonight than Pilut. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.