GDT - The Very Sharp Sabres @ The Very, Very Frightening (NOT!!) Lightning of Tampa - November 29, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST) - 8:30 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I had no idea Sobotka was from the Czech Republic. 

With a name like that please tell me you didn't think that he was from Oklahoma, eh?

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I am needlessly stressed out about this game.

Correct.  No need to be stressed out about this, or any other, Sabre game.

21 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I could not help but notice that along with being pinned this thread also has a little star that indicates that it is 'featured'.

Any of the powers that be care to let me know what that means?

Is it chz in a behind the scenes way of giving me another hint that the thread title needs to be a bit more descriptive?

The thread title is just very ‘noisy’. The extra stuff could go in your first post, keeping the front page title a bit clearer.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

The thread title is just very ‘noisy’. The extra stuff could go in your first post, keeping the front page title a bit clearer.

OK.  I get that, but I don't think it's a big problem and is not hindering the discussion.  We are on page 4 several hours before puck drop.  The last GDT that I started with a bit of fun / flair in the title is still going and is on page 32, which is due mostly, if not solely due to the good hockey the Sabres are playing.

If the goal of the thread title is to help drive discussion I don't think some fun in the title, even if it is 'noisy' is a problem, at least the way I see it.

If you guys tell me to change it I will, but under protest.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

OK.  I get that, but I don't think it's a big problem and is not hindering the discussion.  We are on page 4 several hours before puck drop.  The last GDT that I started with a bit of fun / flair in the title is still going and is on page 32, which is due mostly, if not solely due to the good hockey the Sabres are playing.

If the goal of the thread title is to help drive discussion I don't think some fun in the title, even if it is 'noisy' is not a problem, at least the way I see it.

If you guys tell me to change it I will, but under protest.

Do it for the children NS. 

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I could not help but notice that along with being pinned this thread also has a little star that indicates that it is 'featured'.

Any of the powers that be care to let me know what that means?

Is it chz in a behind the scenes way of giving me another hint that the thread title needs to be a bit more descriptive?

The star is what makes it noisy. Is this something new? The problem is it gets confused with the star you click to go to the first unread post.

I generally like a standard thread title, but in the midst of a 10-game winning streak, it's fine.

Also: some time today I will hit 30k posts. But I can no longer find the list of posters to see where that ranks me. I'm pretty sure I'm still well behind Dark and Onze.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The star is what makes it noisy. Is this something new? The problem is it gets confused with the star you click to go to the first unread post.

I generally like a standard thread title, but in the midst of a 10-game winning streak, it's fine.

Also: some time today I will hit 30k posts. But I can no longer find the list of posters to see where that ranks me. I'm pretty sure I'm still well behind Dark and Onze.

I have never seen that 'featured' star before.  Not sure what it means, but I see your point about it.

I only added the fliar because we are on the verge of history here.  Win, or lose, we can go back to a more standard format, as I agree with what you and chz are saying.  I usually don't start the GDT, but have a few this season.  The first was the Penguins game a week, or so ago, and it was in a more traditional / cleaner format.  Then the Flyers, but Liger beat me to it.  The Sharks and now the Lightning.  When I logged on at 6:00'ish (AST) this morning there were others logged in.

Congrats on the 30,000.  Dark is way up there at almost 38,000.  Onze (I like that, but will only use it once as he may not) is next at around 34,000.  If you and Shrader had not taken those year long sebaticals (sp?) you both would be way up there even higher.

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So, that 'featured' star is now gone.  Still have no idea how / why it was there in the first place.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Anyone hear what’s up with Marco?

I thought there was a statement made by Phil that he's dealing with a non-injury related issue.  I don't recall when I heard it.  He was fairly cut and dry on it as if it was "this is the answer, don't ask anything else".

24 minutes ago, LTS said:

I thought there was a statement made by Phil that he's dealing with a non-injury related issue.  I don't recall when I heard it.  He was fairly cut and dry on it as if it was "this is the answer, don't ask anything else".

He's sick.   Beaulieu said it in his post-game interview the other night.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

I find myself excitedly anticipating the game tonight in a way I have not done in many years.  

Bad feeling it all ends tonight; hope I'm wrong!

I'm excited as well in a way not felt in many years....GOOD FEELING about tonight's game.

Let the game begin.....time to catch Lightning in a bottle and put a cork in it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.