GDT - The Very Sharp Sabres @ The Very, Very Frightening (NOT!!) Lightning of Tampa - November 29, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST) - 8:30 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, Eleven said:

When that happened, I turned to a friend and said that Eichel is getting a phone hearing.  No suspension, but I do think there will be a call.

He is not a dirty player, has no reputation for that and the hit itself was not extremely vicious in nature. He just caught him with his feet out of sync. 

2 minutes ago, hockeyhound said:

Dahlin had a rough night, do you think the schedule and workload are getting to him?

I wouldn't be surprised if he is wishing the mid-season break would start tomorrow. Lot's of changes in a short period of time.

This has been a BRUTAL stretch for this team. They would’ve been happy to get 13/14 points in the last 11 games but got 20.

Just now, Eleven said:

We are not watching the same player.  I'm watching 55.  Are you watching 76 and is he wearing a goathead sweater?

No, it's the same 55 we've all been watching for 5 years. And it's time to grow up and beat teams with hockey, not try to rough em up as the clock winds down on a loss. 

Just now, R_Dudley said:

He is not a dirty player, has no reputation for that and the hit itself was not extremely vicious in nature. He just caught him with his feet out of sync. 

Correct.  Phone call, no suspension, is my prediction.  Maybe I'm wrong and there isn't even a call.

I still have to go to sleep.  Goodnight!

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Just as a negotiating tactic to try to keep him below 8.5, I'd store video of the passes he missed tonight and this season. "Sure, you have a lot of goals, but 9mil is a lot for a guy who can't pass a puck"

Tell that to Auston Matthews ?

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Correct.  Phone call, no suspension, is my prediction.  Maybe I'm wrong and there isn't even a call.

I still have to go to sleep.  Goodnight!

I think this is right. Guys crosscheck all the time just above the hip pads. Its an easy way to control them. McDone-uh just happened to go down like a wet dishrag.

Just now, SwampD said:

I think this is right. Guys crosscheck all the time just above the hip pads. Its an easy way to control them. McDone-uh just happened to go down like a wet dishrag.

If there's a suspension for THAT, I'm getting on a plane and flying to whatever city Bettman's office is in to throw a shoe at him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Next game I want Eichel on a 2 on 1 to look off the pass, shift into a gear only he has and backhand forehand backhand goal. 

One thing I noticed, several times, was our guys trying to make the extra pass through the middle. It hitting legs and getting cleared. TB did an excellent job of tying up and clearing junk in front of their net.

The past few games we have had excellent luck scoring on big rebounds on low hard cross net shots to some one crashing the net. Those shots weren't there tonight.

Our last power play was...lackluster.

Disappointed that we lost but we didn't play like the last place team of last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

On a separate note getting ready to watch Lehner in a SO in Boston to see if he can make a save.. 

Crazy where was that Goalie when he played for us. Made first 3 saves but lost on the 4th... Still like Hutton much better... 

Ok off to bed work tomorrow.. 

Lets start the next streak tomorrow... 

Just now, hockeyhound said:

What are the chances JBott makes some roster changes at the trade deadline?

Would he risk breaking up the family?

Unless we rip off five more of these streaks, we're not any more special than any other NHL team with hopes, dreams, and flaws. If we're in a position and something makes sense, you have to do it. Especially as it seems like rental prices are lower than ever. We got a first for gosh darn Paul Gaustad back in the day. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

They blew it.

Point blank, a lack of discipline blew this game. 

Yes, Tampa is faster, more experienced, better chemistry, more abundant talent throughout the ranks. But Buffalo could have won this game had it not been for the amount of boneheaded penalties taken. Your playing one of the top 4 premier teams in the league, mistakes are not an option.

One thing that is clear, Buffalo needs to continue to improve it's wing positions on the 2nd and 3rd lines. They need their 1st line to garner more play making ability.

In short, they have work to do. That was a playoff game atmosphere, and they fell short.

13 minutes ago, hockeyhound said:

What are the chances JBott makes some roster changes at the trade deadline?

Would he risk breaking up the family?

every team competing for the playoffs should be actively looking to improve, that's what happens at the deadline. Making trades doesn't 'break up the family', it adds to it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.