GDT - The Very Sharp Sabres @ The Very, Very Frightening (NOT!!) Lightning of Tampa - November 29, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST) - 8:30 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

between whistles? If Risto actually tried anything Kuch would take the puck and put Risto's jock strap in the rafters, finishing with a roof job. Risto screws up checks all the time against much less shifty skaters.

I might sound harsh on Risto here, but him trying to fight and act tough as we're losing games and getting scored on is one of my least favorite tank/bad Sabres relics. 

Ristolainen gets tough with anyone and everyone after a whistle and it works.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They are really good.  I also am not sure that I need to see Elie in a Sabres uniform again.  He isn't impressive, he absolutely stunk it on the first goal tonight, and I'm sure there's someone in Rochester who could replace him.

Yes. I think this is a discussion that is going to start cropping up around here. Now that the "we're on a streak, don't touch anything" is behind us, and December is upon us, it's time to start looking to see if Smiths, Nylanders, maybe Olofssons (though the plan was to keep him there all year I think), Piluts are upgrades to the bench pieces like Nelson, Beaulieu, Elie. As we've seen tonight, the future battles with Tampa, Toronto, etc. will not be won trying to match these particular lines with them, and the injuries are starting to slowly pile up, so like we talked about all offseason, about how guys will get their chance come winter with injuries, well, it's about that time! 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eleven said:

Ristolainen gets tough with anyone and everyone after a whistle and it works.  

Risto is a joke to every fan base in the league because of years of him pulling that sh*t as their teams are running us out of the building. It doesn't work. 

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Tampa hit the post several times on plays they simply beat us. This could’ve easily been a 7-2 game. We got some good bounces on goals which was huge.

Also, yes - Skinner was downright bad. Dahlin and Hutton I can see debate but both made some bad plays.

There were 2 or 3 passes, that if Skinner hits (and any NHLer should be able to hit them), one of them is a goal and we're playing OT hockey right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Tampa hit the post several times on plays they simply beat us. This could’ve easily been a 7-2 game. We got some good bounces on goals which was huge.

Also, yes - Skinner was downright bad. Dahlin and Hutton I can see debate but both made some bad plays.

We hit the post, too. Twice, I think. And if the Elie and Okoposo covered their guys, this could easily have been 5-2 Sabres.

It was a great game.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Risto is a joke to every fan base in the league because of years of him pulling that sh*t as their teams are running us out of the building. It doesn't work. 

You're out of your mind. He gets into opponents' grills in the first period as much as he does in the third.

• Like (+1) 3

That was one of the most undisciplined games that Sabres played all year.  Bad penalties, rushed ill advised passes. Turnovers galore.  Hutton was mediocre and yet the team had the lead twice against one of the two top teams in the NHL on the road.

This should be a great learning moment.  They are going to kill Florida.  I feel like I did after the Ottawa game on the road.  A very angry Sabres team will be in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only argument I’m willing to have while this team is still good is Ryan O’Reilly so let’s do that instead of debating why the Lightning were so much better tonight despite the score.

Jk I’m not interested in either this team is good and it’s fun go us

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The Tampa feed is hammering Eichel on that hit on McDounghna whose is injured 

When that happened, I turned to a friend and said that Eichel is getting a phone hearing.  No suspension, but I do think there will be a call.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

You're out of your mind. He gets into opponents' grills in the first period as much as he does in the third.

And it doesn't work, as he's usually fishing pucks out of his net just before. I still remember Minnesota blowing the doors off of us, And Risto trying to pile drive Parise to the ice right as he's scoring the first or second goal in a game they dumped loads in on us, and he's standing over him like a goofball shaking his gloves at Zach as he gets up to celebrate the first of many goals to be scored on Risto that night. 

Risto is effective when he smartly plays the body between the whistles and the stuff he does after the whistles has never shown to give us anything, and he has become known as the guy that, instead of fishing pucks out from behind his goalie, is trying to fight to make up for being unable to defend. I've read that sentiment from widely different fanbases spanning years. And they're right. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And it doesn't work, as he's usually fishing pucks out of his net just before. I still remember Minnesota blowing the doors off of us, And Risto trying to pile drive Parise to the ice right as he's scoring the first or second goal in a game they dumped loads in on us, and he's standing over him like a goofball shaking his gloves at Zach as he gets up to celebrate the first of many goals to be scored on Risto that night. 

Risto is effective when he smartly plays the body between the whistles and the stuff he does after the whistles has never shown to give us anything, and he has become known as the guy that, instead of fishing pucks out from behind his goalie, is trying to fight to make up for being unable to defend. I've read that sentiment from widely different fanbases spanning years. And they're right. 

We are not watching the same player.  I'm watching 55.  Are you watching 76 and is he wearing a goathead sweater?

Anyway.  I have a big, and miserable, day tomorrow.  Goodnight Flagg!  

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

At least many Sabres had their worst game of the season. If you're gonna lose, get them out of the way and regroup. 

Nobody had their worst game of the season. We lost to a consensus SC finalist. Jebus, can the hyperbole just take a ***** breather.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Robviously said:

Zero points for Skinner tonight. Let’s hurry up and sign him while he’s slumping!

Just as a negotiating tactic to try to keep him below 8.5, I'd store video of the passes he missed tonight and this season. "Sure, you have a lot of goals, but 9mil is a lot for a guy who can't pass a puck"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.