Do you want to know how good the Sabres are?

SDS

Some trPMs... remember, on a good team, a trPM of near 0 means you're an average contributor (compared only to your own teammates) to the team's success.

Top 5
Skinner +13.5
Beaulieu +6.3
Dahlin +5.4
Nelson +5.1
Pominville +4.8

Bottom 5
Sheary -3.2
Scandella -4.4
Thompson -4.7
Larsson -5.9
Ristolainen -10.1

...everybody else is low single digits.     

10 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Some trPMs... remember, on a good team, a trPM of near 0 means you're an average contributor (compared only to your own teammates) to the team's success.

Top 5
Skinner +13.5
Beaulieu +6.3
Dahlin +5.4
Nelson +5.1
Pominville +4.8

Bottom 5
Sheary -3.2
Scandella -4.4
Thompson -4.7
Larsson -5.9
Ristolainen -10.1

...everybody else is low single digits.     

I recall you being concerned about Jeff's -27 and TRPM of -19 last season. What are your thoughts on the substantial improvement? 

I think it's a cut and dry combination of the goaltending upgrade he's seen (his goalies were especially bad when he was on the ice, in a fluky way last year) and getting heavily slanted offensive usage with the team's other top offensive player.

Or maybe after a career of being relatively disastrous defensively he's now suddenly a Selke winner ?

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I recall you being concerned about Jeff's -27 and TRPM of -19 last season. What are your thoughts on the substantial improvement? 

I think it's a cut and dry combination of the goaltending upgrade he's seen (his goalies were especially bad when he was on the ice, in a fluky way last year) and getting heavily slanted offensive usage with the team's other top offensive player.

Or maybe after a career of being relatively disastrous defensively he's now suddenly a Selke winner ?

His shooting % is way up, 23% vs 13% and his goalie is certainly making more saves, his PDO with CAR last year was below 100 IIRC, it's around 105 this season.   

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

His shooting % is way up, 23% vs 13% and his goalie is certainly making more saves, his PDO with CAR last year was below 100 IIRC, it's around 105 this season.   

Goaltending is probably key for improvement purposes: give him his career shooting percentage this year and he's still pacing to finish a net plus ~35 over his finish last year. 

• 3 weeks later...

We are good again.

Right now we have over 100 (not huge, but ...), including 40+ registered members, online right now ... 3:31 PM on a non-holiday Monday afternoon. 

There's your answer.

I remember not long ago there would be a handful.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

We are good again.

Right now we have over 100 (not huge, but ...), including 40+ registered members, online right now ... 3:31 PM on a non-holiday Monday afternoon. 

There's your answer.

I remember not long ago there would be a handful.

I remember not long ago (like within the last 2 weeks) you pining for a handful. :p

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.