Me and my son traveling from Nova Scotia to Buffalo for last home game of the season

novascotiaguy

20 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You are being very nice to that other NS guy, but you were not always so nice to me ... ?? ... sure, you are very nice to me now ... ?

Why are you reverting to 'wet blanket' status with your second point?

This is a fantastic plan, but I will pick the route.  And I plan to fly.  It is a 2 day journey by car.  Although, my friend from NS may have done it non-stop, as many NSers do, in 24 hours.

Exactly, my wife and I made it from NYC to Reno NV in 28 hours straight.  Its called perservence, cooler food, roadside pit stops and switching drivers every 5 hours

Edited by North Buffalo

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Exactly, my wife and I made it from NYC to Reno NV in 28 hours straight.  Its called perservence, cooler food, roadside pit stops and switching drivers every 5 hours

That's a low-maintenance spouse you have there, sir.  Nicely done.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You are being very nice to that other NS guy, but you were not always so nice to me ... ?? ... sure, you are very nice to me now ... ?

Why are you reverting to 'wet blanket' status with your second point?

Give him time.  He can't hope to live up to your status this quickly.

And no, I'm completely ok with my other point.  It really is great that new Nova Scotia guy (NS2?) and his son had a great time.  I do enjoy reading about it.  But if our big payoff for this entire season (and several more before it) is an out of town fan and his son getting to see a victory in their first game, well, we better find more families like this one that we can ship in for every single game.  Hell, I'll start up the collection myself if it was guaranteed to work.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I grew up in The Great Satan and had family in Buffalo.

Spent a lot of time loving hockey, but not the Leaves.  Always loved the Sabres from Day 1.

Not a very exciting story, but thanks for asking.

Same story as me brother.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Give him time.  He can't hope to live up to your status this quickly.

And no, I'm completely ok with my other point.  It really is great that new Nova Scotia guy (NS2?) and his son had a great time.  I do enjoy reading about it.  But if our big payoff for this entire season (and several more before it) is an out of town fan and his son getting to see a victory in their first game, well, we better find more families like this one that we can ship in for every single game.  Hell, I'll start up the collection myself if it was guaranteed to work.

That 'new' Nova Scotia guy signed up 2 years before I did, almost to the day.

I understand you and everybody else are frustrated with the way this season turned out and the 7 before it.  Even the NS guys going to their first game and having an absolute fantastic time of a lifetime (so far, anyway) are frustrated.  Why can't we just bask in this one shinning moment in yet another bleak season, eh?

51 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Same story as me brother.

We could be twins, eh?  Not just brothers, eh!

Great Satan ... Buffalo family ... not liking the Leaves ... Sabres fan from Day 1 ... it all makes sense.

You are my long lost twin.  NS twins ... @shrader just had an epic conniption.

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

That's a low-maintenance spouse you have there, sir.  Nicely done.

its worse than you think, she hates my driving even when I'm not switching lanes... she does most of the driving and will hold it for full tank of gas... 350 miles in Honda Pilot.  I am only allowed 3 hours at a time in non traffic. She knows when Im over 70 miles per hour when napping or in traffic despite the fact she drives the same way.  But she cant navigate to save her life even with GPS.... so I make a good co-pilot.  Been across country driving with her 5 times.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.