Me and my son traveling from Nova Scotia to Buffalo for last home game of the season

novascotiaguy

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

So how exactly did you guys wind up as Sabre fans anyway?

To be honest my self I cant really remember all I know is I would listen to every game on dial up internet when I was a kid in my bedroom my dad was not even a hockey fan lol. Now I'm a die hard, My son well he just followed me he listen to the games as he falls a sleep at night and lives and breaths blue and gold I Had to hold back tears today shaking pommers hand you can tell he is one of the few class acts left. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hey not be a little jealous but Sabresspacers got to meet my 14 year old at the meet up at a game they actually won.  His bucket list: to go to game with me they actually won! Yeh father and son stuff is great! Even getting stuck in Buffalo airport for 12 hours because of windstorm coming back.

1 hour ago, novascotiaguy said:

To be honest my self I cant really remember all I know is I would listen to every game on dial up internet when I was a kid in my bedroom my dad was not even a hockey fan lol. Now I'm a die hard, My son well he just followed me he listen to the games as he falls a sleep at night and lives and breaths blue and gold I Had to hold back tears today shaking pommers hand you can tell he is one of the few class acts left. 

Enjoy the game mate. I get asked the question now and again how I became a sabres fan. Growing up my hometown team Fife flyers played in the same colours as sabres so it was an easy decision too. Flyers also had a few ex NHL players play from them - Doug smail, Laurie boschman and al Sims to name a few.  

Seeing the sabres for the first time a few years back I was beyond excited. 

Hope you and your boy have a great time and get a win. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, shrader said:

So how exactly did you guys wind up as Sabre fans anyway?

Omg guys Jason just scored and he just got a huge standing ovation me and my son cant even talk from screaming his name. And Jack with 3 points.......Wow meeting Jason today and now this maybe his last game Wow

• Like (+1) 7

10 minutes ago, novascotiaguy said:

Omg guys Jason just scored and he just got a huge standing ovation me and my son cant even talk from screaming his name. And Jack with 3 points.......Wow meeting Jason today and now this maybe his last game Wow

You know, moments like this make it all worth it. Cheers, and awesome first game. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

So???

Sorry you were overlooked but im askin now.

I grew up in The Great Satan and had family in Buffalo.

Spent a lot of time loving hockey, but not the Leaves.  Always loved the Sabres from Day 1.

Not a very exciting story, but thanks for asking.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

How come you never asked me that?  Are I not from Nova Scotia too?

I thought you had mentioned at some point that you were from somewhere around here.

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You know, moments like this make it all worth it. Cheers, and awesome first game. 

I won't go that far.  I'm glad they had a good time, but if this is the payoff for everything we've put up with, the hockey gods have a horrible sense of humor.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I thought you had mentioned at some point that you were from somewhere around here.

I won't go that far.  I'm glad they had a good time, but if this is the payoff for everything we've put up with, the hockey gods have a horrible sense of humor.

You are being very nice to that other NS guy, but you were not always so nice to me ... ?? ... sure, you are very nice to me now ... ?

Why are you reverting to 'wet blanket' status with your second point?

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I think @novascotiaguy and @New Scotland (NS) should carpool to the meetup game next year.

This is a fantastic plan, but I will pick the route.  And I plan to fly.  It is a 2 day journey by car.  Although, my friend from NS may have done it non-stop, as many NSers do, in 24 hours.

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

This is a fantastic plan, but I will pick the route.  And I plan to fly.  It is a 2 day journey by car.  Although, my friend from NS may have done it non-stop, as many NSers do, in 24 hours. 

Drive faster, eh?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.