Me and my son traveling from Nova Scotia to Buffalo for last home game of the season

novascotiaguy

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He @novascotiaguy were you talked up today on WGR, or are there actually more than two Sabres fans out there in the Far East?

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute ... Hello, it's me .. NS.  I am Far East.  

Oh, nevermind, you said more than two, so that must include little old me.  Carry on ...

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Say again. Over.

That would be nice.  Especially of he takes the marbles out of his mouth first.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, novascotiaguy said:

So guys were in buffalo were should I take the boy for wings tonight.

1)  Nine Eleven

2)  Bar-Bill

3) Mammoser's

Late to the party and you've probably filled your bellies with good wings but my 2¢ if you haven't.

6 minutes ago, novascotiaguy said:

Thanks guys we just went to Peral Street Grill by our hotel it was good. Going to try one of the spots tomorrow. I Heard there is an open practice tomorrow does anyone know if this is the case.

No idea about practice, but if your hotel is by Pearl Street definitely go to Gabe's gate on Allen street for wings. 

Let us know what your kid likes to do (hobbies, interests, etc)....by morning we can probably help line up a fun day. 

18 minutes ago, novascotiaguy said:

Thanks guys we just went to Peral Street Grill by our hotel it was good. Going to try one of the spots tomorrow. I Heard there is an open practice tomorrow does anyone know if this is the case.

From what I remember ALL practices are open to the public unless otherwise stated. 

Your best bet would be to call account services or  customer service for the Key Bank arena early early ... to see if they can help you find out any info.

13 minutes ago, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

No idea about practice, but if your hotel is by Pearl Street definitely go to Gabe's gate on Allen street for wings. 

Let us know what your kid likes to do (hobbies, interests, etc)....by morning we can probably help line up a fun day. 

He just loves anything Sabres. Also anything sports he is working on a sigh tonight while dad sips a few beer lol

20190403_193853.jpg

He is praying that will get him a picture or puck if practice is open lol.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Go down by the glass near the benches during morning practice and again at pre-game warmups. A player may throw your son a puck. 

Seeing recent social media, have your kid make a sign asking for a stick from a specific player. 

In terms of other random cool things for a young kid. I think around lunchtime city hall lets you up on the observation deck. It is a great view on a clear day.  That isn't for from your hotel. 

The buffalo zoo isn't far and is also a decent time as well. 

Hope you guys enjoy and come back when the team is playing better. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, novascotiaguy said:

He just loves anything Sabres. Also anything sports he is working on a sigh tonight while dad sips a few beer lol

20190403_193853.jpg

He is praying that will get him a picture or puck if practice is open lol.

This is amazing !!

Visit Frankie Primos for good italian food, nice deserts aswell. Also SOHO Burgers is nice, SOHO is close to Frankie
51 W Chippewa St

Have you watched my video from by visit to Buffalo ? 

big-dtich-burger.jpg

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, novascotiaguy said:

If you are near Pearl Street all of these places are a short distance away. 5 minutes by car I would guess to all of them and some may be in walking distance depending on where you are. I tried to think of stuff that would be kid friendly for the most part. Quick note, do not go to 716 for good food. 

Asian inspired with an arcade upstairs: https://misutachows.com/

Good food especially for lunch and a very chill atmosphere: https://www.cafe59.com/cafe-59-food-spirits-at-62-allen-st/our-menu/

Sports bar with secretly really good wings and food: http://www.sidelinesbuffalony.com/menu.html

Right on the river, lots of room and some arcade games: https://buffaloriverworks.com/the-ward/

Weird with stuff on walls but good wings: https://www.yelp.com/menu/gabriels-gate-buffalo 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks guys for all the suggestion. I have to say I love the feeling of the city, As a life long Sabres fan this trip is about making my son happy and making memories, But it's so hard for me as an adult to be as excited as I should be for my first Sabres game with the state this team is in I keep telling my son next year will be better lol. And I want a win for him so bad but there is a little voice in my head who thinks that's gonna hurt our draft lottery odds God I'm confused lol. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Indabuff said:

1)  Nine Eleven

2)  Bar-Bill

3) Mammoser's

Late to the party and you've probably filled your bellies with good wings but my 2¢ if you haven't.

I don't know where the first one is, but I can't imagine they'll be heading out to Hamburg or East Aurora during this trip.  I suppose it would be doable if they were considering driving near whatever they call the football stadium these days.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I don't know where the first one is, but I can't imagine they'll be heading out to Hamburg or East Aurora during this trip.  I suppose it would be doable if they were considering driving near whatever they call the football stadium these days.

Wasn't sure what their plans for site seeing were.  Also whether they were looking for good wings or wings in the vicinity of downtown.  The first one is in South Buffalo.  My personal favorite.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.