Me and my son traveling from Nova Scotia to Buffalo for last home game of the season

novascotiaguy

4 hours ago, novascotiaguy said:

Hi guys me and my 11 year old son are making the trip to Buffalo from Nova Scotia for the last home game of the season. This is a dream I have always had and my son has become addicted to the Sabres, he will be opening the tickets Christmas morning. I'm looking for advice if there is any way we could meet any of the players or stuff we should do while in buffalo. The thought of seeing the Sabres live with my son is my biggest dream come true. Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Very cool .... I took my son to Detroit when he was eleven to see his hero, Dominik Hasek, after the Dom had been traded.  We sat in the corner, lower bowl, of the old Joe.   He remembers every moment, still, and so do I.  The Sabres were the road team.

You’re writing in November.  I can hear the joy in your heart.  Christmas morning!

If I still lived in Buffalo, I’d find you for a pop, or two, and learn all about Nova Scotia.

Edited by Neo

Wow that's amazing wish he could see Dom live, he watches all the old Sabres videos of dom on YouTube. I am so excited to visit Buffalo having listened to the Sabres on the radio, and now every game on center ice along with all the hockey talk on wgr550 I feel a connection to the city. Here in Nova Scotia we have got to watch some amazing hockey players with the QMJHL, But the chance to see NHL hockey live is going to be fun. Just wondering how hard it would be to meet a player or two for autographs not sure how this works in the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, novascotiaguy said:

Hi guys me and my 11 year old son are making the trip to Buffalo from Nova Scotia for the last home game of the season. This is a dream I have always had and my son has become addicted to the Sabres, he will be opening the tickets Christmas morning. I'm looking for advice if there is any way we could meet any of the players or stuff we should do while in buffalo. The thought of seeing the Sabres live with my son is my biggest dream come true. Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Have you thought about contacting Guest Services at the arena to see what they might be able to do?

1 hour ago, Neo said:

FUCALE!

ps ...  which game?

Neo.  Really?  It's in the title and in the original post.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Have you thought about contacting Guest Services at the arena to see what they might be able to do?

Neo.  Really?  It's in the title and in the original post.

Well, to be fair to Neo, the thread said the last home game of the season; he was probably just trying to figure out if that would be game 5 or 7 of the Finals. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

Anywho... too bad the ice won't still be down at Canalside. You'd be able to skate exactly where the Aud ice was. There's even a faceoff dot where center ice was. (At least I don't think the ice will still be down. But maybe it's weather dependent and it will still be cold enough.)

17 hours ago, novascotiaguy said:

Hey, hey, hey , hey ...

My countryman.  Very cool.

See if you can get tickets for the tunnel where the players walk out before the game/between periods. No idea how to get those, but that's the easiest way to see the players up close.

What type of stuff are you looking to do? Any idea where you'll be staying? Niagara Falls is probably a must if you're coming in from out of town anyways.

Edited by sabills

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

That WON'T be the last home game of this season.

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

It will.  But it won't be the last home game of the post-season.

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

OK, it won't be the last home game of this league year.

If he's already bought the tickets and his kid is opening them on Dec. 25 then it's not a post-season game.  You can't buy those yet.

C'mon boys!

2 hours ago, LTS said:

If he's already bought the tickets and his kid is opening them on Dec. 25 then it's not a post-season game.  You can't buy those yet.

C'mon boys!

No ####### ####, Sherlock.  It's a ####### joke playing on the euphoria of the moment.  (And hopefully, it is correct as well. ;))

Not sure were we will stay I have seen Niagara but need to show the boy. Wings is a must would love just to meet some local people and chat, explore the city get a feel for life in buffalo. We are flying into Hamilton then driving to Buffalo so a stop at the hockey hall of fame may be a good idea. Contacting guest services is a great idea thanks guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, novascotiaguy said:

Not sure were we will stay I have seen Niagara but need to show the boy. Wings is a must would love just to meet some local people and chat, explore the city get a feel for life in buffalo. We are flying into Hamilton then driving to Buffalo so a stop at the hockey hall of fame may be a good idea. Contacting guest services is a great idea thanks guys. 

Everyone has their preference, but my votes go to Gene McCarthy's in South Buffalo and Gabriel's Gate in Allentown. I've never been to Barbill, which people always mention, too, but thats a fair bit outside of the city anyways. The other two are about 10 minutes from the arena.

You can always do Anchor Bar, too. I won't judge.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.