GDT - The Snarks (hey, Taro) @ The Mighty Sabres of Buffalo - November 27, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST) - 8:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

55 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

You will never be able to PROVE this, sorry it's a team game and this team is totally different than lasim years team and St. Louis. All the stats in the world couldn't prove any such thing. How do you know what Lehner would be doing in a Sabres uni right now? Could he have changed just like some others on this team did. Who knows and you can't prove anything with his stats this year 'cause he's not on the Sabres this year. Then there is Jake Allen...likely the reason for Hutton being available to us. Can't honestly say Hutton is reason the Blues fell so far.

Stats are stats and I get that and they can sometimes give you a barometer to measure with but PROVE anything (if they did Las Vegas would be bankrupt). You wouldn't have to watch a game to know what the outcome will be.

Players stats change from game-game, week-week, year-year and so do teams. You can suggest that Hutton by himself is responsible for ....against last years goaltending, but by all means it is absolutely nothin'. Last years tending could have improved along with the rest of the team and you will never be able to PROVE differently without them actually being here and playing under the exact same conditions.

Lehner is pretty much still Lehner.  I'd argue he's been a bit better this year, but not substantially.  He's the backup for the Aisles & not their #1 for a reason.  He DEFINITELY needed a change of scenery (& a lot of help that he seems to be getting) but still isn't good (2.99 & 0.906 and getting shelled his last 2 starts). 

To argue that Lehner & Johnson would have been the tenders for a 10 game win streak with this team is not credible.  Hutton is significantly better than Lehner & Ullmark is much better than Johnny.  Johnson doesn't have the consistency to be anything other than a career backup.  If he were even a top 40 goalie, the Blues would be riding him rather than the tire fire that is Jake Allen.

And to look for absolute proof before believing something seems rather contrived. YMMV.

And without Hutton the Sabres would have lost several games they won.  The 1st Rags game, the Habs game that started the streak, & the Tampa game are 3 examples ottomh.

Edited by Taro T

33 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Lehner is pretty much still Lehner.  I'd argue he's been a bit better this year, but not substantially.  He's the backup for the Aisles & not their #1 for a reason.  He DEFINITELY needed a change of scenery (& a lot of help that he seems to be getting) but still isn't good (2.99 & 0.906 and getting shelled his last 2 starts). 

To argue that Lehner & Johnson would have been the tenders for a 10 game win streak with this team is not credible.  Hutton is significantly better than Lehner & Ullmark is much better than Johnny.  Johnson doesn't have the consistency to be anything other than a career backup.  If he were even a top 40 goalie, the Blues would be riding him rather than the tire fire that is Jake Allen.

And to look for absolute proof before believing something seems rather contrived. YMMV.

And without Hutton the Sabres would have lost several games they won.  The 1st Rags game, the Habs game that started the streak, & the Tampa game are 3 examples ottomh.

Hahahahah....what a joke. I made a sarcastic silly comment about "I can't wait to hear" to one poster and it came to this. Hahahahaha.

And would they have won those games still if Lehner was in net? Carey Price? Quick? How about Wedgewood? Not looking for absolute proof of anything but something realistic and sane would be refreshing.

Just enjoy the games we are experiencing one by one. 

GO SABRES

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

31 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Hahahahah....what a joke. I made a sarcastic silly comment about "I can't wait to hear" to one poster and it came to this. Hahahahaha.

And would they have won those games still if Lehner was in net? Carey Price? Quick? How about Wedgewood? Not looking for absolute proof of anything but something realistic and sane would be refreshing.

Just enjoy the games we are experiencing one by one. 

GO SABRES

There certainly are some goalies around the league that might have gotten W's in those games.  None of which are named Robin nor Chad. Pretty certain none named Linus would've either.   ;)

Not to put too broad a point on it, but aren't analytics/contracts/former players/prospects things to talk about when your team sucks? I don't have time for any of it. Standings, baby! If I were Terry, I'd be passing out $10 million checks to the lot of them! And I'll tell him that in my congratulatory/thank you Christmas/Festivus card/letter.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Not to put too broad a point on it, but aren't analytics/contracts/former players/prospects things to talk about when your team sucks? I don't have time for any of it. Standings, baby! If I were Terry, I'd be passing out $10 million checks to the lot of them! And I'll tell him that in my congratulatory/thank you Christmas/Festivus card/letter.

This gets a hell, yeah!

On 11/27/2018 at 4:03 PM, R_Dudley said:

Haha lots Walden Avenue references, did you happen to have been a CCHS student per chance?   Or was it Maryvale?

No did not attend CCHS or Maryvale... I played some youth hockey at the Rec Center tho.    Best ice in WNY.

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I did.  (Specifically Maryvale)

I briefly dated a girl from CCHS, a solid Cheektowaga 6.

And I played some hockey with some clowns from Maryvale... one of the kid's last name was Gena, that's all I remember.

Edited by pi2000

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

Shot, slow delayed riccochet... goal. I’m ok with the assist there. 

Me too. Which is why I don't care that a shin graze gets Dahlin one on a play he actually creates, if McD can get one after two separate opponents should have had possession, still touched the puck, and made a catastrophic mistake that a different Oiler made all the plays on after to score. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.