GDT - The Snarks (hey, Taro) @ The Mighty Sabres of Buffalo - November 27, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST) - 8:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Dumb penalty by Rodriguez almost cost them the game. There really was no reason for that penalty. If it wasn't for that the game probably would have ended 2-1.

Agreed, but ticky tack stuff late in the game that throws a wrench in the flow of it looks really bad when three blatant trips go unnoticed earlier on. Those could have ended the game at 4-1 too. But the NHL wants the invisible hand making their product great, which is dumb because the players are good enough to do it on their own.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

As a fan since 1970 I think I can speak my mind.  Not petty.  Being realistic.  I want them to make a strong drive not to the playoffs but the cup.  Lessons learned now will pay benefits later.  I am happy and not down.  SO stop assuming.  

I have been going to games since 1970 too.  You are not being realistic, for some reason you want to be a downer.  I assume nothing other than reading what you wrote after an historic win.  Every team blows leads, it's hockey as Promo writes.

And don't shovel that realism crap.  It's a euphemism for negativity.  10 wins in a row, that's the reality.   

Edited by caseydean

1 minute ago, caseydean said:

I have been going to games since 1970 too.  You are not being realistic, for some reason you want to be a downer.  I assume nothing other than reading what you wrote after a historic win.  Every team blows leads, it's hockey as Promo writes.

And don't shovel that realism crap.  It's a euphemism for negativity.  10 wins in a row, that's the reality.   

Don't let it get you down.  Be happy like the rest of us!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Agreed, but ticky tack stuff late in the game that throws a wrench in the flow of it looks really bad when three blatant trips go unnoticed earlier on. Those could have ended the game at 4-1 too. But the NHL wants the invisible hand making their product great, which is dumb because the players are good enough to do it on their own.

True. There were some blatant penalties missed.

3 minutes ago, caseydean said:

I have been going to games since 1970 too.  You are not being realistic, for some reason you want to be a downer.  I assume nothing other than reading what you wrote after a historic win.  Every team blows leads, it's hockey as Promo writes.

I am not a downer.  In life I am a realist.  Crap?  Son, go pound sand.  

This post game is rough. In the best way. #cancersucks

I absolutely hate 2-0 leads, I'm just starting to shake years of ingrained "because buffalo" 

This is awesome! 

Someone on Twitter said: "everyone last year kept waiting for Vegas to get cold. Starting to believe we can be this year's Vegas."

These guys are good, scary good. -chills

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And after Skinner scored they should have followed that up with a: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, WE WANT ELEVEN!!!!

Going old school on that.  Made me smile.  Harken back to the days in the AUD.  SRO tickets in hand watching the French connection and the rest score.  Good times.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I would have delivered those keys with a AAA brochure. “Here you go, kid” 

Eh.  He wasn't too far away.  I left with 13 minutes left in the 2nd, listened to the call on the radio, and got home and situation just before Risto's goal. 

1 minute ago, caseydean said:

Not me.  I live in a fantasy world like the President.  Peace brother, I am going to enjoy the win.  Take care.  :-)

One - do not bring politics into this.  Two - I lost two friends to cancer on Friday.  I live in the real freaking world.  Take your sarcasm and go away.  

4 minutes ago, Ottosmagic13 said:

This post game is rough. In the best way. #cancersucks

I absolutely hate 2-0 leads, I'm just starting to shake years of ingrained "because buffalo" 

This is awesome! 

Someone on Twitter said: "everyone last year kept waiting for Vegas to get cold. Starting to believe we can be this year's Vegas."

These guys are good, scary good. -chills

Whatever they wind up being, just enjoy the ride. Things don’t often get more fun than they are right now. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

One - do not bring politics into this.  Two - I lost two friends to cancer on Friday.  I live in the real freaking world.  Take your sarcasm and go away.  

Sorry to here of such a loss on one day.  I hope the game made you smile for a while.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.