GDT - The Snarks (hey, Taro) @ The Mighty Sabres of Buffalo - November 27, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST) - 8:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

This one has me a bit nervous that our streak will finally run out. The Sharks are a good team and we have been playing with fire the last few games, relying on late game comebacks and OT/SO heroics. I don't think it will be a bad game, but something like a 3-2 or 4-2 with an empty netter.

That said, i'm excited to watch another game. My evenings have been longing for more hockey, and we were spoiled with so many games in such a short period.

Come on, man.  The Sabres have won 9 in a row.  Many against good teams, or teams that have been playing well lately.

Get out of the party pooper negative waves, man.

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As frisky as the fans are feeling, and as good as they are feeling about "culture change," I am guessing Evander Kane is in for a long night of abuse.

Maybe he'll end up feeling like he's being forcibly grabbed by the neck and hair. Bottoms Up!

HEY-O.

13 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I like that first line.

Don't like that Sheary is absent.  Maybe he has a note from his Mommy?

Glad the handsome devil made it.  Better late than never, eh.

I really want to, but it just doesn't seem to work quite as well as I thought it would.. I'm no expert, of course.

I think ideally we'd see Tage on the right, Skinner on the left, and Jack in the middle. A couple of scorers to go with playmaker Jack, which I think is a role he's been settling in to. Reino likes to control the puck, which seems to fight against Jack's forte's (specifically, his zone entries, which are some of the best in the league). Tage gives a little size on that line, too.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, sabills said:

I really want to, but it just doesn't seem to work quite as well as I thought it would.. I'm no expert, of course.

I think ideally we'd see Tage on the right, Skinner on the left, and Jack in the middle. A couple of scorers to go with playmaker Jack, which I think is a role he's been settling in to. Reino likes to control the puck, which seems to fight against Jack's forte's (specifically, his zone entries, which are some of the best in the league). Tage gives a little size on that line, too.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind trying Okposo on the first line a little bit. 

6 minutes ago, sabills said:

There is no way I want to see the kid with the silly name on that first line.  Not yet anyway, maybe next year, or the year after that.

Okposo has been the best case scenario.

IMO he is a bad fit for Jack. Pominville's lack of speed is mitigated by his ability to score an obscene amount of goals from in tight. Kyle has never been known for that. His board presence is valued on Mitts' line which spends a lot of time there. Jack and Skinner ensure that the puck is on Sabre sticks away from the boards most of the time they have it.

21-15 never worked, 21-9 wouldn't either IMO. Keep guys within their roles where they've shown success and comfort. It's how we got here.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He's been resurgent. 

In terms of forward pairings, though, I infer that Okposo goes with Mittlestadt?

I think that's the reason.  They don't want to split up the Okie-Mitts chemistry.

On paper though, Okposo looks like he would fit well on the top line.

11 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

There is no way I want to see the kid with the silly name on that first line.  Not yet anyway, maybe next week, or the week after that.

Fixed it for you (this team moves fast.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So if Zemgus is playing tonight, does that mean he wasn't injured for the last game and was just healthy-scratched in favor of Elie? 

I doubt we'll ever know, but in those two games he was hit by a Bogo shoot-in in the face, and high sticked twice for a penalty and once that was missed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he needed the breather. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I doubt we'll ever know, but in those two games he was hit by a Bogo shoot-in in the face, and high sticked twice for a penalty and once that was missed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he needed the breather. 

Z needed a culture change, puck seemed to want him, not so much the other way around... maybe he’ll want the puck.

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So if Zemgus is playing tonight, does that mean he wasn't injured for the last game and was just healthy-scratched in favor of Elie? 

As others have already noted, Zemgus was abused pretty good by hockey (or Hockey) for several games prior to his night off.  Giving him a break seems completely justified.

3 minutes ago, sabills said:

Oh yeah, this is a someday sort of thing. For now I like Pommers when his legs are under him.

I'll keep saying this until it happens, but ERod should be Pommers replacement on that line.  Or at least given a few games to see how it goes. 

36 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The way the team has been rolling it seems that depth players (Larry, Zemgus, Bergy, Rodger, Tommer, Nate and Nelly) are being shuffled out mostly for reasons other than poor recent play - opponents, knicks and bruises, or simply to give another guy a chance.

But it doesn’t appear Housley is averse to letting one or more of those guys graduate as Larry may have and Tage might be in the process of doing.

And I will say one thing about Phil as opposed to some old school coaches: he has a lot of patience for skill guys.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.