GDT - The Snarks (hey, Taro) @ The Mighty Sabres of Buffalo - November 27, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST) - 8:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

Can we please rewind the winning goal and see what Dahlin did again?

A stupidly aggressive pinch, an amazing recovery to take away a goal on the resulting rush, and a behind-the-back pass to HIMSELF around Erik Fricking KARLSSON! to set up Skinner’s winner?

Wherever this year goes there is no doubt in my mind we are going to be good for the next 10 years.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Can we please rewind the winning goal and see what Dahlin did again?

A stupidly aggressive pinch, an amazing recovery to take away a goal on the resulting rush, and a behind-the-back pass to HIMSELF around Erik Fricking KARLSSON! to set up Skinner’s winner?

Wherever this year goes there is no doubt in my mind we are going to be good for the next 10 years.

And, if you watch, after the poke check he ever so slightly interferes with the goalie with his right skate, delaying Jones getting back into position.  Beautiful 

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

10 points separate Buffalo and the team knocking on the playoffs' door.

Shopp and the Bulldog talked about this today. Its so hard to overcome even 4-5 points later in the season just because of how loser points and such work.  At this point if they miss the playoffs its a disappointment.

Edited by sabills

I would pay somebody money to collect all of those amazing bench shot moments, and things like Dahlin's hands on his heads, so that we never lose and forget what this has been like. 

3 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I don't know how to post a tweet.  HCPH is too happy!

Sam jumping up and down was great too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Tonight we won a defensive struggle against a contender thanks to good goaltending, determined play within the system and some highly skilled big plays. It’s not the first time and it doesn’t feel like the last.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn't this what good teams do?

Do we finally have a good team again?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Tonight we won a defensive struggle against a contender thanks to good goaltending, determined play within the system and some highly skilled big plays. It’s not the first time and it doesn’t feel like the last.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn't this what good teams do?

Do we finally have a good team again?

I think we do. Bad teams might get some puck luck but they don't win 10 in a row against the teams we beat in the condenced schedule. I mean come on, 6 games in 9 nights ? I believe.

Nice to witness our boys achieve a share of franchise history tonight.

Sat in Section 106, 10 rows up and saw Sam throw that pass directly at me as Nate roofed it top shelf where mama hides the cookies!

The count up to 10 happened so many times I don’t have a voice left!

The house was rocking and everyone was high fiving each other just like it used to be 12 years ago!

Also Labatt Brewhouse was a pretty good place to warm up before the game.  Really liked the meatballs!

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Really?  I think he's had a bunch of good ones.

And heck yeah, it's fun!

More speed, aggressiveness, urgency even. It's like it's become infectious this year, the opposite of years past. Players are rising to the level they see from others. Competing, having fun. It's all just plain good!

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

More speed, aggressiveness, urgency even. It's like it's become infectious this year, the opposite of years past. Players are rising to the level they see from others. Competing, having fun. It's all just plain good!

There's the word I've been searching for.

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

He was FAST a few times tonight. Adding to the notebook that I've filled trying to calculate if Reinhart is a good, bad, or average skater. 

The most unsustainable thing about the Sabres right now is how few goals Jack and Sam, two of our best three forwards, are scoring.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.