GDT - The Snarks (hey, Taro) @ The Mighty Sabres of Buffalo - November 27, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST) - 8:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

Tonight marks the return of E. Kane to Buffalo and he is bringing that other Swedish Dman with him.  No matter we have our own studly Dman from Sweden.

For the first time in forever I am looking forward to every single Sabre game.  Lets beat E. Kane and the rest of those Guppies from Northern California.

Rules (?)

Lineups (?)

TV (?)

Radio (check)

MUST WIN!!

... WE WANT 10!!

GO SABRES!!

I don't want the streak to end, but of all the games this week for us to lose, this is the one, ideally in Overtime so we still get a point in the standings. But western conference team is better.

The next best option would be Florida. So I vote we HAVE to lose, we lose Friday at Florida ending the streak at 11.

Actually nevermind. I vote we end the streak when we win the Stanley Cup. That's realistic, right?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I don't want the streak to end, but of all the games this week for us to lose, this is the one, ideally in Overtime so we still get a point in the standings. But western conference team is better.

The next best option would be Florida. So I vote we HAVE to lose, we lose Friday at Florida ending the streak at 11.

Actually nevermind. I vote we end the streak when we win the Stanley Cup. That's realistic, right?

You had me going until the lat part.  It's more realistic than pi's expectation that the Sabres will not lose again until Dahlin retires.

• Haha (+1) 2

Once again missing part of the game due to youth hockey.  Days like this make me wish the kid could drive himself... every other day makes me thankful he can't.

Should be a good test.. they should be motivated.

Let's Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

Since it won't start until 1am where I am, and I have to be up at 5am to catch a flight, I am hoping to wake up, Google the score and see yet another win, then watch the highlights and then finally come here to see the play by play, it's better this way because it's a game for me to guess what certain posters will say, to see how many arguments over stupid crap happen and then straight up brawls about line making decisions even after a win, it's like crack really ?

Love you all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Sharks line combos:

LW C RW Forwards
Evander Kane
Evander Kane

Rating: 76.7#24 LW

Joe Pavelski
Joe Pavelski

Rating: 79.5#24 C

Joonas Donskoi
Joonas Donskoi

Rating: 73.6#51 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 76.60#22 FL1
Tomas Hertl
Tomas Hertl

Rating: 75.7#45 LW

Logan Couture
Logan Couture

Rating: 79.9#21 C

Timo Meier
Timo Meier

Rating: 75.7#30 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 77.09#4 FL2
Marcus Sorensen
Marcus Sorensen

Rating: 74.6#38 LW

Joe Thornton
Joe Thornton

Rating: 75.8#44 C

Kevin Labanc
Kevin Labanc

Rating: 74.1#43 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 74.83#1 FL3
Barclay Goodrow
Barclay Goodrow

Rating: 69.4#126 LW

Lukas Radil
Lukas Radil
Melker Karlsson
Melker Karlsson

Rating: 68.9#113 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 69.14#31 FL4

Defensive Pairings Defense
Brenden Dillon
Brenden Dillon

Rating: 72.5#61 LD

Erik Karlsson
Erik Karlsson

Rating: 82.6#2 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 77.54#8 DL1
Tim Heed
Tim Heed

Rating: 75.7#23 LD

Brent Burns
Brent Burns

Rating: 83.2#1 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 79.46#2 DL2
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Rating: 74.8#29 LD

Justin Braun
Justin Braun

Rating: 72.3#51 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 73.57#3 DL3

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This one has me a bit nervous that our streak will finally run out. The Sharks are a good team and we have been playing with fire the last few games, relying on late game comebacks and OT/SO heroics. I don't think it will be a bad game, but something like a 3-2 or 4-2 with an empty netter.

That said, i'm excited to watch another game. My evenings have been longing for more hockey, and we were spoiled with so many games in such a short period.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Once again missing part of the game due to youth hockey.  Days like this make me wish the kid could drive himself... every other day makes me thankful he can't.

Should be a good test.. they should be motivated.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Well he can drive himself, you just refuse to let him.

52 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Since it won't start until 1am where I am, and I have to be up at 5am to catch a flight, I am hoping to wake up, Google the score and see yet another win, then watch the highlights and then finally come here to see the play by play, it's better this way because it's a game for me to guess what certain posters will say, to see how many arguments over stupid crap happen and then straight up brawls about line making decisions even after a win, it's like crack really ?

Love you all

Your priorities are way out of order.

• Haha (+1) 4

From the Athletic today:

* Buffalo enters the game against San Jose with an 8-2-1 (.773) record at home, putting the team on pace for its best home record since the 1979-80 season (27-5-8, .775).

* The Sabres are 9-0-2 in one-goal games. They last won more than half of their one-goal games in 2011-12 (21-9-11). The team’s current .818 winning percentage in one-goal games would top the franchise record of .714 set during the 1977-78 season (10-4-0).

* Buffalo’s five wins when trailing after two periods have already matched last season’s total. It leaves the team four third-period comebacks shy of the franchise record of nine set in 2005-06.

* Hutton is 7-0-0 with a .934 save percentage and 1.98 goals-against average in his last seven games. The seven-game winning streak tops his previous high of five and is the longest by a Sabres goaltender since Ryan Miller’s eight-game streak from Oct. 8-30, 2009.

* The Sabres are 11-0-0 this season when Sam Reinhart records at least one point and are 25-2-3 in his career when he records at least two.

• Like (+1) 3

I like how they listed the 77-78 record in one goal games as 10-4-0.  That last column's a bit redundant since a one goal game couldn't possibly fall into the tie column back then.  It would be a zero goal game.  So those two stats aren't directly comparable thanks to the rule changes, inflating the number of one goal games.  But still, not a single loss in regulation, that's the stuff that gets you into the playoffs.  When you do lose them, you're still getting a point out of it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.