Memorabilia

repster

7 minutes ago, French Collection said:

French Connection Daoust skate poster. Got it from a shoe store in the late 70's. Sorry about the photo quality, it's hanging in my garage.

image.thumb.jpeg.de1e8fd9ec54e77fcf672884ea775ce9.jpeg

Ha, I had a pair of Daoust skates (used) as a kid, with the clear plastic chassis.    Most comfortable pair of skates I've ever had.   There was some hockey supply store up near Niagara Falls (on the Canadian side IIRC), where my Dad would by me used gear.

Edited by pi2000

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Ha, I had a pair of Daoust skates (used) as a kid, with the clear plastic chassis.    Most comfortable pair of skates I've ever had.   There was some hockey supply store up near Niagara Falls (on the Canadian side IIRC), where my Dad would by me used gear.

Lange made a moulded plastic skate around that time as well.

I was a CCM kid because the local sporting goods store pushed those.

The Daoust salesman was a neighbour and knew I liked the Sabres. We did buy shoes from him.

On 11/26/2018 at 3:43 PM, pi2000 said:

don't ask me why i still have this stuff...

QUb3H9g.jpg

0qM91WF.jpg

xc9Zdel.jpg

I believe you kept that letter for a reason as I noticed the 1986 season ticket holder letter says "Five players substantially improved their plus minus ratings - the talent is there!".

11 hours ago, pi2000 said:

That store would have been Cupolo’s.  My minor hockey years included many purchases from this place which is now closed.  Back in the day, it was hockey heaven for equipment.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

Too much to list but my favorite item is my SuperChexx bubble hockey table. It's the arcade version with the digital display and Rick Jeanneret providing the audio.

Nice! Always wanted one of these. Never could convince myself to drop the cash that those cost.

14 hours ago, repster said:

That store would have been Cupolo’s.  My minor hockey years included many purchases from this place which is now closed.  Back in the day, it was hockey heaven for equipment.

Yep, that's the place.    Good memory.

28 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

Too much to list but my favorite item is my SuperChexx bubble hockey table. It's the arcade version with the digital display and Rick Jeanneret providing the audio.

Just played one of those in Chicago a few weeks ago at my kid's tournament.    Was pleasantly surprised to hear RJ.

1 hour ago, Assquatch said:

Nice! Always wanted one of these. Never could convince myself to drop the cash that those cost.

Yeah it cost something like 2 grand back when I got it 8 or 9 years ago. It sits in my dining area where a kitchen table is supposed to be and since I didn't have to buy one of those I probably saved some coin in the end though.

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Yep, that's the place.    Good memory.

Just played one of those in Chicago a few weeks ago at my kid's tournament.    Was pleasantly surprised to hear RJ.

IIRC they are manufactured someplace in WNY which is why they (smartly) got the rights to use his voice.

Edited by Alkoholist

My prized Sabres memorabilia was a black and white 8 x 10 photo of Gilbert Perreault that he personally autographed for me. I had knocked on his house door on ranch trail about 1974. He was very friendly even with the doorbell ringing nonstop He was living with Gerry Desjardins at the time. They took turns answering the door and giving autographs to all the neighborhood kids. 

Unfortunately this irreplaceable item was stolen from me by our moderator N Freeman many years ago  and I may have to visit NYC to take back my prized possession   

I found my Sabres/Hockey notebook and scanned in some of the memorabilia.

The Robbie postcards are from my family's seats were by the players wives.  When they were scratched or injured the guys used to sit with their wives in the stands by us.  I got to meet and in Robbie's case, got to know, many of the players over the years. 

CCF_000101.jpg

CCF_000103.jpg

CCF_000105.jpg

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

We often ate at Chef's before games

One night I ate with Neal Broten, Dino Ciccarelli and other North Star teammates.  After I asked for their autographs, they insisted I eat with them instead of my family.  It was a cool cool night.  Interestingly Tom Younghans only played 3 games with the Stars w Dino, Broten and Steve Christoff and the one in Buffalo was 10/25/1982.

I also got autographs from the great Flyers team and the 73/74 Canadians include Scotty Bowman

CCF_000092.jpg

CCF_000095.jpg

CCF_000097.jpg

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 11/28/2018 at 3:11 PM, Alkoholist said:

Yeah it cost something like 2 grand back when I got it 8 or 9 years ago. It sits in my dining area where a kitchen table is supposed to be and since I didn't have to buy one of those I probably saved some coin in the end though.

IIRC they are manufactured someplace in WNY which is why they (smartly) got the rights to use his voice.

Correct. SuperChexx is made by ICE Games. They're right over on Main St in Clarence. 

OJ once signed my superman comic books as a kid at Buffalo airport... long since disappeared.  Have a couple thousand FB card from those days including a Gale Sayers a Tom Sestak and a Bart Starr.. need to go back thru them see if any are worth anything not sure their shape.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.