Memorabilia

repster

Hey everyone, 

It’s been a little while since I’ve posted, but I’m always lurking, and it’s so interesting to read everyone’s comments and laugh at the good jokes.  Since it seems like good times are here again, I thought I would get nostalgic and start a memorabilia thread.  I had to change my avatar and thought these old school beauties would be a good idea.  I’ve got a couple other old ones, but will wait for a while to see if someone else has the same.  These are from back in the ‘80’s, when a souvenir was something cool.

CA03BC18-E3F4-4CAC-8D7D-9A1587FC7F88.thumb.jpeg.8d90b08e3d535b40b1242c8c97203ccd.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Box of Flutie Flakes and a hat signed by Doug,  Football signed by Bruce, Thurman and Kelly... Old faded sigs can hardly read of 75 Sabres, Hat and Official Jersey from past Winter Classic oh and High School styled Bills jacket and warm up pants. Scrub hat with Sabres Logo and pair of Bills scrubs.

Most interesting piece of memorabilia I have is a signed baseball with Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, and a whole bunch of other NY Yankees.  I tried to date it based on signatures, but it doesn't match any of the NY Yankee rosters; the closest are the 1930-1931 rosters.  My thought is that it might have been from game that included late season call-ups, or possibly a spring training game.  The whole ball is covered in signatures though.

My dad had it, but he never spoke of it.  I got it when he passed away, and my mom knew nothing of its origins.

The timing of the signatures could be from my dad's first MLB game (he was born in 1930, so maybe?) or maybe he acquired it much later.  Not sure, and I'll never know.

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Most interesting piece of memorabilia I have is a signed baseball with Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, and a whole bunch of other NY Yankees.  I tried to date it based on signatures, but it doesn't match any of the NY Yankee rosters; the closest are the 1930-1931 rosters.  My thought is that it might have been from game that included late season call-ups, or possibly a spring training game.  The whole ball is covered in signatures though.

My dad had it, but he never spoke of it.  I got it when he passed away, and my mom knew nothing of its origins.

The timing of the signatures could be from my dad's first MLB game (he was born in 1930, so maybe?) or maybe he acquired it much later.  Not sure, and I'll never know.

wow, that's pretty amazing. maybe take it to an appraiser and they might be able to tell you the year and authenticate it. again, what an incredible piece of sports history that is.

I have a game day give away poster of Hasek and the give away poster of the Aud that was handed out to everyone on the way out on the last Sabres game there.  Both are framed and hanging on my office wall.  

Nothing more interesting than those two.

My dad got me a Meehan signed and Lever not signed but was supposed to be from one of the wineries auctions. I also have a Goat Rob Ray and Royal Blue Rob Ray both signed. And a Gary Cheever’s signed one too. I also have a Bandits John Tavares Brest Cancer awareness signed Jersey that my Dad got me for graduating Navy Boot Camp. One more thing I have a Dahlin 8x11 Swedish signed picture. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

@CallawaySabres I always have been jealous of that sportcoat.

I think you'd have good luck DIY.

Blue and yellow jackets can be found:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VGC-Vtg-70s-SUPERFLY-Navy-Blue-Yellow-Plaid-Disco-Vegas-Blazer-Pimp-Jacket-38-/232479061923

The crest is a little tricky to find by itself.  To get it on the cheap, you might have to poach it off a jersey of some old and busted player:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-Womens-Premier-NHL-Jersey-Buffalo-Sabres-Drew-Stafford-Navy-sz-M/362407833198?epid=1101974131&hash=item546130ae6e:g:kPUAAOSwXeJYI29P:rk:2:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

Autographed pictures of: Gilbert, Jack, Dom, and John Scott.

?

and my absolute favorite is an original piece that @josie did for me of Alexander the Great. It's also my avatar. 

I've also got some SU hoops stuff, a bunch of Bills stuff, and an absolute f### ton of Yankees memorabilia.

• Like (+1) 1

Have jerseys for Pominville (royal blue), Eichel (15), Reinhart, Risto and McCabe (29), a Zemgus Girgesons-styped puck, and game day program posters for Scandella, Eichel and Larsson. I accidentially decapitated the one for Dahlin that I got from the MTL game. ?

Also got the media notes and stats from the Bruins game in February. Someone dropped them from the press box near where we were sitting. Pretty niche but cool none the less.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Autographed pictures of: Gilbert, Jack, Dom, and John Scott.

?

and my absolute favorite is an original piece that @josie did for me of Alexander the Great. It's also my avatar. 

I've also got some SU hoops stuff, a bunch of Bills stuff, and an absolute f### ton of Yankees memorabilia.

I’m currently frame shopping for the Eichel print that I purchased ?

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/26/2018 at 8:17 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

I have a 20th anniversary (1990) sweatshirt that I really love.  It is starting to get stained and worn out a bit, though.

The sweater that I got as a kid (5 years old, maybe) is completely worn out and long gone.

Quoting myself to try to add pics.

I am not a good photog ...IMG_20181127_0839340.thumb.jpg.deceeee61940bcb9e58bd7598bde1da9.jpg

IMG_20181127_0838283.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.