GDT - Canadiens @ Sabres Nov. 23- 4PM EST

Ho-Chi-Sock

8 hours ago, RambosKnife said:

Just saw the game. Totally agree on this. If it means moving someone like Sam so be it. Let’s not forget we have guys developing in the system and future draft picks along with what Sam could fetch in return. 

Awesome game but it seemed like the puck was bouncing a lot in the first. I thought that might hurt us somehow but it looked like Skinner batted the GTG out of the air. 

5 man PP needs a retooling. Opposition is clogging the left side. Split the one timer focus between Jack on the left wall and Dahlin on the right wall.

Its not even that hard for us, no need to get rid of sam over it.      Moulson and Pommer come of the books after this year.  

Skinner now gets 5.725 mill, just add 2.5 mill from those contracts and we are good.   Our cap situation really isn't that bad.

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Its not even that hard for us, no need to get rid of sam over it.      Moulson and Pommer come of the books after this year.  

Skinner now gets 5.725 mill, just add 2.5 mill from those contracts and we are good.   Our cap situation really isn't that bad.

I didn’t look at our finances. More of a do what it takes. If we can have our cake and eat it too then great.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

When does Ehrhoff come off? 2021?

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I agree our cap situation is very good over the next few years. We’ll see where it is when Dahlin signs but that’s not for another three offseasons. And the point above is one people often forget when talking about how to fit in a new deal. The “old” deal for that player is also “coming off the books.” You’re only adding a couple million to the cap hit as opposed to the full $9M or whatever he gets.

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Ehrhoff isn’t on our cap, thank god for compliance buyouts.

I think Pegula might be paying him to serve schnitzel to his grandchildren though.

Some of these guys are getting paid through like 2026 or something...I think Hodgson is one...getting like 500K for the next 8 years or something crazy

17 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

The Buffalo Sabres will be fine.

?

You guys just have to trust me from now on, eh!!

+++++

Good game.  Fantastic result, even if I don't like the OT.  It is better than the damn SO, though.

Who's next?

Wait, is that a Wings GDT, that I see?

GO SABRES!!

IMO Skinner took a look, saw his target, and deliberately went 5 hole on the d-man in front of the net to score the game winner.

The dude is a total finisher.  He has that goal scorer's ability to remain utterly calm and logical in pressurized situations and put the puck in the net. 

Sign him to a K!

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

IMO Skinner took a look, saw his target, and deliberately went 5 hole on the d-man in front of the net to score the game winner.

The dude is a total finisher.  He has that goal scorer's ability to remain utterly calm and logical in pressurized situations and put the puck in the net. 

Sign him to a K!

Yeah, but it bounced off the defense and then ping ponged off Neimi. Not that is wasn’t lucky, but I’m not sure he sniped it either. 

4 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Sign him to a K!

I just watched it again and I think this is exactly what happened.  Awesome.

20 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

...They gave Eich an assist on the OT goal? 

Yep. OT goal was Skinner from Jack and Dahlin. Tying goal originally was a shot from Bogo, tipped by Reinhart, and then rebound in from Skinner. I guess they’re saying Reinhart didn’t touch it after all and now it’s from Bogo and Jack. 

2 hours ago, Robviously said:

Yep. OT goal was Skinner from Jack and Dahlin. Tying goal originally was a shot from Bogo, tipped by Reinhart, and then rebound in from Skinner. I guess they’re saying Reinhart didn’t touch it after all and now it’s from Bogo and Jack. 

The PA reported it as an assist for Eichel but the app said it was strictly Skinner, FWIW.

5 hours ago, Robviously said:

Then the original person who scored it is dumb. The tying goal was quite obviously from Jack/Bogo, and I'm not convinced at all that Jack deserves an assist on the OT goal. 

But I'll happily take both. 

11 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Then the original person who scored it is dumb. The tying goal was quite obviously from Jack/Bogo, and I'm not convinced at all that Jack deserves an assist on the OT goal. 

But I'll happily take both. 

I'm pretty sure Jack touched it as it was sitting there before Skinner got it which would be an assist.

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

I'm pretty sure Jack touched it as it was sitting there before Skinner got it which would be an assist.

I'd love to see an angle where it showed that (not asking you specifically) just because my life's goal is for Jack to get all the points and so I had desperately watched replays for 10 minutes and came to the bleak conclusion he hadn't touched it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.