Coffee - How do you drink it?

inkman

I can't drink coffee.  Tried it as a kid..didn't like it. Tried it as a teenager, didn't like it...tried it in college, didn't like it.  In my 20's everyone at work drank it...tried getting into it with 2 creams and 2 sugars...still didn't like it.  I went over a decade without even taking a sip of it. Tried it again a few years ago. Hate it. Coffee isn't for me..and apparently I will never get the taste for it.

41 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Black via French press.

I keep one at each job, but moderate blend starbucks or Petes and if I can find a decent local roasted bean as well.  French Press is the best! And best black.  If have to use regular or buy coffee on the road cream and sugar because it usually sucks. In Seattle they had coffee shacks all over the place with local roasters... then drank it black.

53 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I keep one at each job, but moderate blend starbucks or Petes and if I can find a decent local roasted bean as well.  French Press is the best! And best black.  If have to use regular or buy coffee on the road cream and sugar because it usually sucks. In Seattle they had coffee shacks all over the place with local roasters... then drank it black.

Peet's Major Dickason

• Like (+1) 2

god I miss coffee

Didn't touch it until end of junior year of college. Then I was bloody addicted. At my worst I was chugging down 7+ big cups with double shots of espresso in them (not to mention the additional red bulls) a day, and was still nowhere near as bad as my animation friends who were drinking 4-5 pots a day. How our kidneys work now is beyond me. 

Then I calmed it down and was pretty normal about it, 1 cup a day usually... and now I can't touch it at all, lest I spend the next hour making my own special brew. 

But black usually, sometimes some fancy caramel or vanilla latte. Never got into those sugar bombs everyone gets from Sbucks and such. There was one drink at RIT that I'd get occasionally - the Terrapin at Java's - espresso, hot chocolate, coffee, caramel I think? and whipped cream and sprinkles. Only very rarely, but so damn good.

Was never a coffee guy until we went to Costa Rica.

Then it was dark and strong.. and it's been that way ever since.

I usually only drink 20-24oz in the morning and I'm done for the day.  Most days it's through the burr grinder into the coffee maker.  Some days it's into the french press.  On really rare occasions it goes into a stovetop espresso maker.

I like the San Francisco Dark from Trader Joes.  Peet's Major Dickason is excellent.  Just picked up the Peet's Holiday Blend, always love that.  Got to step into a Peet's store one morning when I was passing through Portland, OR.  Wish I could have stayed.  I'm a huge fan of Peet's coffee overall.

21 minutes ago, LTS said:

Was never a coffee guy until we went to Costa Rica.

Then it was dark and strong.. and it's been that way ever since.

I usually only drink 20-24oz in the morning and I'm done for the day.  Most days it's through the burr grinder into the coffee maker.  Some days it's into the french press.  On really rare occasions it goes into a stovetop espresso maker.

I like the San Francisco Dark from Trader Joes.  Peet's Major Dickason is excellent.  Just picked up the Peet's Holiday Blend, always love that.  Got to step into a Peet's store one morning when I was passing through Portland, OR.  Wish I could have stayed.  I'm a huge fan of Peet's coffee overall.

Definitely agree about Peet's.  It's the only one I can make in the Keurig at work that everyone comments, "That smells amazing".

Also one of the very few I enjoy as a K cup.

Spending significant time in Haiti changed how we drink coffee at our house. We primarily drink Singing Rooster coffee, any of their varieties are great, but Gwo Chavel is probably their best. Singing Rooster is a Direct Trade organization. I’m sure you’re familiar with Fair Trade products? That is when the producer receives a fair price for their product. Direct Trade is a level better than Fair Trade ... the Haitian farmer receive at least $3 of every bag of coffee that the Singing Rooster Coop sells. This impacts many people and makes life better for them. Plus ... Haitian coffee is absolutely splendid. It has hints of chocolate in nearly every variety.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, pkwwjd said:

Spending significant time in Haiti changed how we drink coffee at our house. We primarily drink Singing Rooster coffee, any of their varieties are great, but Gwo Chavel is probably their best. Singing Rooster is a Direct Trade organization. I’m sure you’re familiar with Fair Trade products? That is when the producer receives a fair price for their product. Direct Trade is a level better than Fair Trade ... the Haitian farmer receive at least $3 of every bag of coffee that the Singing Rooster Coop sells. This impacts many people and makes life better for them. Plus ... Haitian coffee is absolutely splendid. It has hints of chocolate in nearly every variety.

Where does one find this coffee?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.