Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ho-Chi-Sock

Pilut recalled from ROC

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, sabills said:

I hope he plays tonight instead of Baloo. Probably won't happen, but I'd love it.

I'll be at the game Friday; he's more than welcome to make his debut there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have a sense that once he gets into the lineup, he won’t be coming out.

Concur.  He's having a whale of a season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case someone gets hurt in warmups or can't go friday I bet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He better f..ing play since they called him up.  I'd like to see him ahead of Nelson or Baloo.  We need to know what he can do and this is a great opportunity to give him a shot vs a mediocre Flyers team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have a sense that once he gets into the lineup, he won’t be coming out.

They'll have to pry him out of the lineup with their cold, dead, hands.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF they are planning on playing both Beaulieu and Nelson, they should have brought up Tennyson or even Redmond.

Really hope they let the kid play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

IF they are planning on playing both Beaulieu and Nelson, they should have brought up Tennyson or even Redmond.

Really hope they let the kid play. 

waiver exempt.

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Release the Pilut

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

waiver exempt.

 

Recall waivers went away with the new CBA.  None of these 3 would have to clear waivers to be sent back down should Scandella be back soon.

Edited by Taro T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I read that Pilut is on pace for the most points for an AHL defenseman ever. Not sure if true. 

Yea he is and it's not close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I read that Pilut is on pace for the most points for an AHL defenseman ever. Not sure if true. 

Yes both he and Redmond are on track to break the scoring record for defenseman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

So just how good are people thinking this Pilut guy could be? Top pair? Second pair? Bottom pair?

Scandella has 1 yr left after this one at 4 mil. With Moulson and Pominville coming off the books after this season that frees up roughly 10 mil in cap space. Combine that with potentially re-signing Skinner, having to deal with a potential longer term deal for McCabe and possibly re-signing Beaulieu, Pilut's ELC looks to be Scandella's replacement.

I strongly believe they plan to move Scandella after the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

So just how good are people thinking this Pilut guy could be? Top pair? Second pair? Bottom pair?

I think he can lock down the 2nd line with McCabe for a long time. I'm really high on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I feel like this guy is going to play Friday. Tough to picture them calling him, and not Tennyson, up to sit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think he can lock down the 2nd line with McCabe for a long time. I'm really high on him.

Yeah, my hope & expectation is that he's a long term 2nd pairing guy for this team.  Thought he could play either side (similar to Dahlin).  If so, my preference would be he paired with Ristoleinen and Dahlin with McCabe; but that could simply be a poe-tay-toe po-tah-toe thing.

20 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Also, I feel like this guy is going to play Friday. Tough to picture them calling him, and not Tennyson, up to sit.

 

Yeah, if he doesn't get Nelson's ice time (Beaulieu will almost definitely play vs Moe-ray-all; that's Housley 's style); will be very disappointed.  Showing Pilot he earned practice time with the parent club but NO actual game time would seem to send a mixed message at best.

Not that Nelson has played his way out; just don't see where Pilot is a better choice for press box duty than Tennyson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Taro T said:

Yeah, my hope & expectation is that he's a long term 2nd pairing guy for this team.  Thought he could play either side (similar to Dahlin).  If so, my preference would be he paired with Ristoleinen and Dahlin with McCabe; but that could simply be a poe-tay-toe po-tah-toe thing.

Yeah, if he doesn't get Nelson's ice time (Beaulieu will almost definitely play vs Moe-ray-all; that's Housley 's style); will be very disappointed.  Showing Pilot he earned practice time with the parent club but NO actual game time would seem to send a mixed message at best.

Unless they made it clear that he was being called up as an emergency-only guy, to collect an NHL salary in an NHL environment, as a reward for his fine play in Rochester.

If Scandella is out Friday for sure though, I might give him a shot, and use him as Erod’s Replacement on PP1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Unless they made it clear that he was being called up as an emergency-only guy, to collect an NHL salary in an NHL environment, as a reward for his fine play in Rochester.

If Scandella is out Friday for sure though, I might give him a shot, and use him as Erod’s Replacement on PP1

True, though if Scandy is back you have to send him down to play in Roch. Friday night, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Scandella has 1 yr left after this one at 4 mil. With Moulson and Pominville coming off the books after this season that frees up roughly 10 mil in cap space. Combine that with potentially re-signing Skinner, having to deal with a potential longer term deal for McCabe and possibly re-signing Beaulieu, Pilut's ELC looks to be Scandella's replacement.

I strongly believe they plan to move Scandella after the season.

Why do you think this?  I don't agree at all.  He's a solid NHL defenseman, which is a valuable commodity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×