GDT - Dastardly Flyers @ Delightful Sabres, 7:30pm (8:30 NS time) NBCSN, 11/21/2018

LGR4GM

34 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’m a bit of an old timer (not as old as some here), so I can summon a (sports) hate for the Flyers that is so real, so pure.

There’s no other sports franchise I instinctively despise as much. The Dolphins are a somewhat distant 2nd.

I’ll also admit to having become somewhat conflicted over the Umberger hit. Good player. Good kid, from what I heard.

Also: Was it clean/fair by modern standards? I’ve never really had that fleshed out.

I was there and it was a clean hit by anyone's standards. Umberger got caught with his head down and got crushed fairly. His problem was caused by hitting his head on the ice not where he was struck by Campbell.

Very nice of the hockey gods to allow this young team to test themselves against injury for the first time this season in a reasonable way. Never want to lose anyone, but being out Berglund and Scandella is not the most brutal injury scenario possible. 

Let's see how they respond. Let's not forget, this game represents the 4th in 6 nights, the first back home after a road trip, and the first game of a new 3 games in 4 nights stretch. 

All told, this is the 4th game in a 6-in-9 stretch. 

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’m a bit of an old timer (not as old as some here), so I can summon a (sports) hate for the Flyers that is so real, so pure.

There’s no other sports franchise I instinctively despise as much. The Dolphins are a somewhat distant 2nd.

I’ll also admit to having become somewhat conflicted over the Umberger hit. Good player. Good kid, from what I heard.

Also: Was it clean/fair by modern standards? I’ve never really had that fleshed out.

Totally down with this.  I hate the Flyers and the Bruins.  The only way I could hate the Flyers more than I do is if they were in the Sabres division.  I want a 7-0 shutout for our boys tonight with a couple of fights, to boot.  The Sabres are nobody's 'female dog' anymore!

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.