GDT - Dastardly Flyers @ Delightful Sabres, 7:30pm (8:30 NS time) NBCSN, 11/21/2018

LGR4GM

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Two down, 38 to go. 

Gave blood today and they obviously ask you not to drink. Guy taking my blood said he never got drunk as quick as when he gave blood and drank after. This is going to be an even more fun night than originally planned.

19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Gave blood today and they obviously ask you not to drink. Guy taking my blood said he never got drunk as quick as when he gave blood and drank after. This is going to be an even more fun night than originally planned.

Let’s hope you don’t need that blood by nights end, eh?

47 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Just drink plenty of water, don't want to completely dehydrate yourself!

24 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

Just drink plenty of water, don't want to completely dehydrate yourself!

One time I got a blood test done for a family disease and thought I had to fast for 24 hours and almost passed out. Learned my lesson this time.

I’m predicting Jack has a big game tonight (yes, yes I’m a homer).  The Monday night OT goal got the monkey off his back.  Also predicting Dahlin goes coast to coast, dekes three Flyers, nutmegs a fourth (maybe not in that order) and roofs it over the goalie’s left shoulder.  The roof gets blown off the barn!  The hockey gods rejoice along with the jubilant Sabres fans.  Make my fantasy come true, boys!  

Go Sabres!

beer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

That friggin team should have won it that year.  Don't ask questions, just enjoy the ride.  Let's Go Buffalo!

I remember watching these games with my college friend who grew up in Buffalo.  What a time to be a Sabres fan.  The 05-06 and 06-07 hooked me for life.  I became fulling indoctrinated.  

Let’s go beat up on Philly tonight.

Someone please post Soupy’s hip check on Umberger that was heard around the world.  That was a bone crushing hit.  I think Dahl’s has it in him to deliver a solid open ice hip check.  It’s just a matter of time.

5 hours ago, Robviously said:

Does anyone else see Gudas’ name and immediately feel an immense sense of dread? Not because of what he can do as a player (because, really, he’s barely a hockey player) but because you know he’s only there to attempt a knee on knee hit or a flying elbow on someone like Dahlin, Jack, Casey, or Skinner? 

It’s unbelievable this waste of space is still in the league. 

I get the same exact sense of dread I used to get when we played Ottawa during the Chris Neil years.  Just hope like hell noone gets hurt.

Regarding who answers if Gudas calls?  No doubt Bogo or McCabe would go, but I'm not sure it would matter much.  He shook off what Foligno tossed to him when they fought and Foligno is a much more accomplished fighter.  These are the games I wish we had a roster spot for a genuine bad dude.  Fortunately, there are fewer and fewer of these games every season.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m a bit of an old timer (not as old as some here), so I can summon a (sports) hate for the Flyers that is so real, so pure.

There’s no other sports franchise I instinctively despise as much. The Dolphins are a somewhat distant 2nd.

I’ll also admit to having become somewhat conflicted over the Umberger hit. Good player. Good kid, from what I heard.

Also: Was it clean/fair by modern standards? I’ve never really had that fleshed out.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.