GDT - Dastardly Flyers @ Delightful Sabres, 7:30pm (8:30 NS time) NBCSN, 11/21/2018

LGR4GM

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Time to test the depth.  I'm glad Rodrigues is going in, but not at the expense of Berglund.

We've never seen 71-22-28 together, but Rodrigues is getting 25-75 offensive-defensive splits and performs well offensively despite that. He doesn't cycle like Berglund, but he can be a key piece to collect the puck off the boards from those two and get it somewhere spicy. It can work for now, though of course when Berglund is healthy we need to go back to the beloved checking line, and find someplace else for Erod (Tage's spot continues to catch my eye, as that 71-17-23 generated 2 goals and about 50 chances the last game they were together). 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

The power play spot that has bounced between Berglund, Casey, Kyle, and now ERod is going to be a sore spot for a while. Hopefully next year Casey makes it the most dangerous spot on the ice.

How does a guy who was a healthy scratch for the past 2 weeks find himself on PP1 in his first game back?    Besides, why isn't KO on PP1?

Does anyone else see Gudas’ name and immediately feel an immense sense of dread? Not because of what he can do as a player (because, really, he’s barely a hockey player) but because you know he’s only there to attempt a knee on knee hit or a flying elbow on someone like Dahlin, Jack, Casey, or Skinner? 

It’s unbelievable this waste of space is still in the league. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Robviously said:

Does anyone else see Gudas’ name and immediately feel an immense sense of dread? Not because of what he can do as a player (because, really, he’s barely a hockey player) but because you know he’s only there to attempt a knee on knee hit or a flying elbow on someone like Dahlin, Jack, Casey, or Skinner? 

I think we're all there with you. He's a bonafide scumbag and he's a danger to other players all game long. The league never disciplines him sufficiently.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think we're all there with you. He's a bonafide scumbag and he's a danger to other players all game long. The league never disciplines him sufficiently.

Which is why there is fighting in hockey.    I actually talked to Kevin about the Gudas fight last night and he legit does not like the guy, it's personal and he was planning on fighting him before the game even started.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Time to test the depth.  I'm glad Rodrigues is going in, but not at the expense of Berglund.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

We've never seen 71-22-28 together, but Rodrigues is getting 25-75 offensive-defensive splits and performs well offensively despite that. He doesn't cycle like Berglund, but he can be a key piece to collect the puck off the boards from those two and get it somewhere spicy. It can work for now, though of course when Berglund is healthy we need to go back to the beloved checking line, and find someplace else for Erod (Tage's spot continues to catch my eye, as that 71-17-23 generated 2 goals and about 50 chances the last game they were together). 

Would really like to have the Larsson line together tonight, but better Rodrigues there than Thompson.

And don't expect that E-Rod is the answer on PP1, but at least he should be better than Bergland there.

Wouldn't mind seeing Sheary in that spot; something will eventually get it going.

29 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Which is why there is fighting in hockey.    I actually talked to Kevin about the Gudas fight last night and he legit does not like the guy, it's personal and he was planning on fighting him before the game even started.

Do we have anyone that could take on that schmuck?

32 minutes ago, Robviously said:

Yep said so in my post, don't like how he plays cheap shots and dirty almost always. Need to watch where he is on the ice.

12 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Do we have anyone that could take on that schmuck?

Yeah I think Bogo could be that guy.

Although I would hate for him to get hurt doing so since he has been playing well and an important part of our top 4.

I like him paired with Rasmus as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Yeah I think Bogo could be that guy.

Although I would hate for him to get hurt doing so since he has been playing well and an important part of our top 4.

I like him paired with Rasmus as well.  

Yup.  I also thought Bogo, but I would not want him to get hurt.

28 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Bogo

And risk that most handsome of faces in a dust up with 'that guy'?  I vote NO!!

23 minutes ago, sabills said:

Thing I don't really want to happen, but kind of hope happens:
Gudas comes in for a cheap shot on Dahlin. Dahlin does that backwards check thing and just drops him.

Sign me up for this, so long as there is no way that R2D2.5 could get hurt.

5 hours ago, darksabre said:

Flyers look like they might be starting AHL call-up Alex Lyon tonight. 

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/alex-lyon-flyers-buffalo-sabres-preview-phantoms-ahl-dave-hakstol-20181120.html

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/l/lyonal01.html

He's 4-2-1 in 7 NHL starts. .905 SV% and 2.75 GAA in 11 NHL games played. 

If you look at their goalie corps, Elliott and Neuvirth are out, and Pickard just isn't that good.  Lyon is probably the best they've got right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.