Greg Wyshynski: Atlantic is worst division in NHL

LGR4GM

Listening to 103.3 this morning, Wysh claimed that the Atlantic is probably the worse division in hockey. This struck me as a really odd comment and completely insane. 5 of the 8 teams in the division are in the top 10 in the entire NHL. Any thoughts? Which division is the worst?

Yikes. Even with Toronto and Buffalo both steamrolling their west coast trips, Montreal and Ottawa both exceeding expectations....Even Detroit and Florida have have been difficult to beat lately. Oh, and Tampa is still int the division and Boston remains a top team (for the moment, what with Bergeron and their blue line now missing). Mr. Wyshynski, that's an odd and arguably terrible statement.

But then, maybe he was making a joke.  <puts on helmet>

Because he's typically a fun-loving and humorous fellow. If you're a Star Wars fan, and I'm talking next-level Star Wars fan... like some fool who would quote the films during the tank years as a means of surviving the games level...  then I recommend listening to Wyshynski's minutes on the Star Wars Minute podcast. They're lovely.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

He mentioned Boston injuries and that the Sabres have been lucky in injuries and that was about it. It was at 8:10am if anyone can find the audio. 

As long as it's not our big guns getting hurt, I could easily see guys like Smith/Nylander/Olofsson and Pilut/Guhle being just as good as guys they replace. 

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Whoever Greg Wyshynski is, he is guilty of having a very bad hockey take. 

I believe four Atlantic teams would be first place in the Pacific, and the 3rd place Pacific team is on pace to finish with 82 points. 

ESPN know nothing.

Here are some numbers

Metro GF/GP 3.15 GA/GP 3.21 Differential -.06

Atlantic GF/GP 3.29 GA/GP 3.12 Differential +.17

Central GF/GP 3.09 GA/GP 2.79 Differential +.30

Pacific GF/GP 2.75 GA/GP 3.09 Differential -.34

Looks to me that the Central is the “best division” followed by the Atlantic.  The Pacific is clearly the worst. Hockey is clearly more wide open in the East.  The West is much slower paced by looking at goal scoring although Wpg, Colo and Nashville from the Central look more like Eastern team then the rest of their Western  brethren.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

39 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Here are some numbers

Metro GF/GP 3.15 GA/GP 3.21 Differential -.06

Atlantic GF/GP 3.29 GA/GP 3.12 Differential +.17

Central GF/GP 3.09 GA/GP 2.79 Differential +.30

Pacific GF/GP 2.75 GA/GP 3.09 Differential -.34

Looks to me that the Central is the “best division” followed by the Atlantic.  The Pacific is clearly the worst. Hockey is clearly more wide open in the East.  The West is much slower paced by looking at goal scoring although Wpg, Colo and Nashville from the Central look more like Eastern team then the rest of their Western  brethren.

Wouldn't that be skewed because the Central teams play the Pacific teams more often?

I'm not sure that's how the season has played out yet.  But over time if you play a bad division more it should.

What's the Central record against the Atlantic?

• nfreeman changed the title to Greg Wyshynski: Atlantic is worst division in NHL
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.