Sabres Goaltending, Saving Us Early

LGR4GM

13 hours ago, msw2112 said:

Thanks!  I have been a little more active on the Bills board the last couple of years, but now that the Sabres are competitive again, I am spending a little bit more time on this board.  I have been a fan since the early 70's when my Dad had season tickets and I went to games as a young kid sitting on his lap.  I don't live in Buffalo anymore, so I don't get to see as many games as others that are posting, but I keep up as I can and I might, after a hiatus of many years, purchase the last 2 months of NHL Center Ice after the Super Bowl so I can enjoy the playoff run!  The wife doesn't go for me having the NFL and NHL packages simultaneously and frankly, that's probably a good thing because I would be a neglectful husband and father if I did that.  Go Sabres!

It seems this board is a good way for out of towners to keep up on what's going on. We have members from all over the states (Texas, Florida, Carolinas, Colorado, Oklahoma, etc.), canadian neighbors to the north in Toronto, Vancouver, Nova Scotia, etc. as well as overseas in the UK, Belgium and Sweden just to name a few. Most of the out of towners grew up here as Sabres fans, but (surprisingly) we have others who decided to become fans even during the dreaded "tank" years.

It's not even like Carter Hutton is a Vezina candidate. This is what normal goaltending can do for you, and we finally have it again. The last four games would have been four dreary losses last season. That's not an indictment of the team's last four games, every team plays some bad games against elite opponents. But getting goaltending that has the ability to do what every other team's goaltending can do is huge. It's finally not a problem for now. And when goaltending isn't a problem, you can fix your attention to make improvements and tweaks elsewhere, and they'll be more meaningful. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.