GDT - Sabres @ Pittsburgh - November 19, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST) - 8:00 PM (AST)

Sabres Fan in NS

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Because of one good game? 

Or, you know, because he has five points in the last six games, is +3 in that span with an OT GWG, where each of those stats in direct contrast to the weak criticisms leveled early in the season.  And his QoC is off the charts and he's playing 25+ minutes a night.

But it's probably just the one game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The metrics aren't bad on this team. Are they top-5 in the NHL good? No. But it's not like the tank team that fell backwards into 11/13 wins or whatever it was. 

Anyway, I don't understand how people can, after this freaking win, choose to take pot shots at their pet complaints whether it's statistics or O'Reilly. But whatever. 

Because of one good game? 

Actually he has had a pretty good November.  1g 6a +1 in 9 games while playing 25+ a night. 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I've been trying to dislodge the Robyism to describe how the team played all through the comeback. Finally... LIKE BANSHEES. I mean, they really did.

I just had a Diet Coke and a piece of pre-Thanksgiving pecan pie (chocolate drizzled). Hoo boy, I'm screwed.

LIKE BANSHEES

I love it. Wish we could hear Roby after a game like tonight. 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Sigh. Can't a fella just appreciate an awesome win? 

Among Sabres 7 regular defenseman, Risto currently ranks: last in GF%, 2nd last in SCF%, 4th in HDCF%, 2nd last in CF%. 

He's battling Scandella for worst in every metric save for high danger scoring chance percentage, where he's mid-pack. 

And he's currently our best defensemen on one of the best teams in the league, currently. Your metrics mean *****. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Sigh. Can't a fella just appreciate an awesome win? 

Among Sabres 7 regular defenseman, Risto currently ranks: last in GF%, 2nd last in SCF%, 4th in HDCF%, 2nd last in CF%. 

He's battling Scandella for worst in every metric save for high danger scoring chance percentage, where he's mid-pack. 

Save the season and trade both of them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, R_Dudley said:

image.jpeg.1110367997b1c42927cbd4f37af21475.jpeg

At the game down 4 to 1 in first period, looked bleak, mentioned to my PGH penguins friend this Buffalo team has made itself a come back kids club lately and they did just that, just kept plugging away playing their game. Shazam, they did it again.

Never quit , kept coming playing their game. Hutton made some phenomenal saves.

To many times I've been here in Pgh in the stands expecting more disappointed in getting less. Tonight was different after 1 period down 4 to 1, I felt like lets see how they respond and they did, timely saves and clutch plays and after 2 now down 4-3 going into the 3rd. 

It felt different like familiar territory from winning teams of the past, not desperate but focused and purpose driven. I'm liking this team and how they play and respond.

Lets keep going Buffalo, I like six but I want seven, is that greedy or confidence? I don't care because it's been a long time coming and all us die hard Sabre's fan deserve a team worthy of the passion we've kept going woe all these years... 

The ONLY way they don't get to 7 is by losing at home to the mother ####ing Phlyers.  7 ain't greedy; it's required.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Hank said:

And he's currently our best defensemen on one of the best teams in the league, currently. Your metrics mean *****. 

His post literally described the exact opposite of that. Having the most ice time does not make you the best defenseman

24 minutes ago, Hank said:

Their record, despite the piss poor metrics and unbalanced scoring, emphasizes what a great job Phil is doing. 

You keep saying this but it's not true. We have, in no way shape or form, bad metrics. 

10 hours ago, R_Dudley said:

Well I haven't been on the board since I lost power last Thursday early Friday. Power just restored late yesterday morning and I missed all the fun of the Winnipeg and Minn wins..

Tonight I will be there cheering on our Buffalo Sabres.

I hope they keep Pgh down and take advantage of the Pens horrible play of late. Do not take these wounded Pens lightly even though they have been losing they still score some goals.

I have attended many games here in Pgh only to see my Sabres lose somehow someway.  Please not today, Sabres give me something to cheer for. 

Lets Go Buffalo. Beat these Pens.    

Preferred to quote this than your post game post.  It's awesome that you got to experience that game in person.

4 hours ago, bg17 said:

I’m lucky enough to be ten rows behind the Sabres bench. Very entertaining in the rink. 

One day you’re up the next you’re down. Dahlin was the worst player on the ice that period. Won’t be saying that often. 

LIkewise.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

If the Sabres win this game I'll send Terry Pegula a Christmas card and tell him what a great job he's done.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Dear Terry...

Dear Terrence...

Dear Mr. Pegula...

Just post the picture... ?

I've made it a point to stay out of the GDTs during the games the past few weeks.  I absolutely love coming in here to read them knowing from people's comments what was going on in the game at the time and just waiting to see what the responses will be.

During this road trip I have watched less and less people lose faith in what the Sabres could accomplish.  The posts have switched from "they're done" when down by 1 to waiting until down by 3 goals to basically disappearing and accepting that they could be fatigued and it's okay.  Even then, they still won.

It's super cool to watch on here.  The number of names popping up to post is awesome. Some serious unbridled enthusiasm in here.

And now... I can't wait for Wednesday.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

You keep saying this but it's not true. We have, in no way shape or form, bad metrics. 

You misunderstand. I don't say they have bad metrics. I've NEVER posted a single metric. I'm not a metrics guy. 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

How? How is he this team's best defenseman?

Who's better? Why? Metrics? Screw your metrics. 

Just now, WildCard said:

Mean you said 'despite the piss poor metrics'. Seems to indicate we have bad metrics

Reread the related posts and try to grasp the concept. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.