GDT - Sabres @ Pittsburgh - November 19, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST) - 8:00 PM (AST)

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, Thorny said:

They've left Dahlin as the lone D back on both. 

On the breakaway it was a bad pass to Dahlin but he’s got to know not to dive there. Like an outfielder diving when the ball is out of reach you’re just hurting yourself more than helping. Have to get up and chase.

On the other odd man rush it took him a little too long to get back and cover Kessel on the weak side once Malkin cleared the middle of the ice and his effort in doing so wasn’t great.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

Were you in a coma when he played for Carolina?

Punchable face isn’t always related to actions, though. I think Skinner’s face is fine but he is certainly an agitator.

Just now, dudacek said:

Reinhart with another fine set-up to Sheary to end the period.

He was our best forward that period. Larsson would be close if I thought for a second he was ever going to score.

Larsson keeps putting himself in great position and making nice plays but it’s so frustrating to see him squander good rushes and passes because he can’t handle a pass that isn’t a softee on his stick.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

On the breakaway it was a bad pass to Dahlin but he’s got to know not to dive there. Like an outfielder diving when the ball is out of reach you’re just hurting yourself more than helping. Have to get up and chase.

On the other odd man rush it took him a little too long to get back and cover Kessel on the weak side once Malkin cleared the middle of the ice and his effort in doing so wasn’t great.

Dahlin's error on the play was pretty quick to be pointed out considering the guy who created the problem is the first place wasn't mentioned at all, originally. But maybe I missed it. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Hell of a pass from Jack to nobody in particular at the blue line to put him in that spot though, amirite. 

Yep

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Sooner or later we need better 1st periods.

Yes.

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Were you in a coma when he played for Carolina?

Oh my god yes!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.