GDT - Sabres @ Pittsburgh - November 19, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST) - 8:00 PM (AST)

Sabres Fan in NS

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I am well familiar with it - yes. That often holds true in small(er) sample sizes. 

I also subscribe to the saying "fake it until you make it."  I think that's where the Sabres are right now.  And they are growing as a team, so I think eventually they will "make it."

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I for one am looking forward to seeing TT-Sobotka-Reino get a full game together. 

Same. I’m not interested in the complaints about two guys who aren’t producing being in and out of the lineup on a team who has won five in a row.

At this point I trust Housley more than a message board who thinks ERod is something special.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Same. I’m not interested in the complaints about two guys who aren’t producing being in and out of the lineup on a team who has won five in a row.

At this point I trust Housley more than a message board who thinks ERod is something special.

Underlying analytics and the eye test all say that Tage is not NHL ready and that Erod is being underused even though he is better than Sobotka and especially Tage. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Hank said:

When Phil first put Pominville with Jack and Skinner you thought that was a great move? No, you didn't. Going into the year you thought they would have this kind of record? No, you didn't. Phil's done a great job so far. You just don't like him and constantly bitch about him. At this point you sound like a bitter ex wife. 

I have been against Reinhart with Eichel for a bit now. They need to be spread out but thank you for telling me what I did and did not think. You're right, I don't like Phil because he continually does dumb things like changing balanced lines on a whim. He changed that S-E-P line in the midst of the winning streak based off of a couple of good shifts in a previous game. That's just not smart.Phil's done a middling job thus far and thankfully he has a more talented team to cover up his deficiencies and better assistants to chip in too. He keeps referencing looking at analytics in interviews and yet doesn't seem to understand them well enough to balance a line and send Tage down for seasoning. I like Tage but he is just simply not ready, at his age that isn't a big deal. 

Do you really want to make this personal because I am down for that game. Did you think going into this year this team would be 5th in the league? No you didn't. Did you think going into this year Hutton would be as good as he is? No you didn't. You hear how obnoxious you sound? 

Edited by LGR4GM

Well I haven't been on the board since I lost power last Thursday early Friday. Power just restored late yesterday morning and I missed all the fun of the Winnipeg and Minn wins..

Tonight I will be there cheering on our Buffalo Sabres.

I hope they keep Pgh down and take advantage of the Pens horrible play of late. Do not take these wounded Pens lightly even though they have been losing they still score some goals.

I have attended many games here in Pgh only to see my Sabres lose somehow someway.  Please not today, Sabres give me something to cheer for. 

Lets Go Buffalo. Beat these Pens.    

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

This should be an easy wine for the Sabres.  But it also has the earmarks of a trap game.  Housley needs to stress that to them and make sure they don't fall for it.

I know we're evolving, but the series records are brutal.  http://mcubed.net/nhl/buf/pit.shtml

We haven't won in that building since 2013 and we're 6-24 against PIT in the 2010's.  The 2000's weren't much better: 14-25-4.  This is not an easy game.

Pittsburgh's 2-7-1 in their last 10 and undoubtedly going to be playing desperate hockey against a Sabres team playing its 3rd game in four days.  This is not an easy game.

1 minute ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I know we're evolving, but the series records are brutal.  http://mcubed.net/nhl/buf/pit.shtml

We haven't won in that building since 2013 and we're 6-24 against PIT in the 2010's.  The 2000's weren't much better: 14-25-4.  This is not an easy game.

Pittsburgh's 2-7-1 in their last 10 and undoubtedly going to be playing desperate hockey against a Sabres team playing its 3rd game in four days.  This is not an easy game.

Yep.  And yet I feel that Phil will have this team better prepared than for any other game so far this season.

(for all the reasons you listed)

And yet if they win convincingly, it may be time to call the tank era officially over.

44 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I have been against Reinhart with Eichel for a bit now. They need to be spread out but thank you for telling me what I did and did not think. You're right, I don't like Phil because he continually does dumb things like changing balanced lines on a whim. He changed that S-E-P line in the midst of the winning streak based off of a couple of good shifts in a previous game. That's just not smart.Phil's done a middling job thus far and thankfully he has a more talented team to cover up his deficiencies and better assistants to chip in too. He keeps referencing looking at analytics in interviews and yet doesn't seem to understand them well enough to balance a line and send Tage down for seasoning. I like Tage but he is just simply not ready, at his age that isn't a big deal. 

Do you really want to make this personal because I am down for that game. Did you think going into this year this team would be 5th in the league? No you didn't. Did you think going into this year Hutton would be as good as he is? No you didn't. You hear how obnoxious you sound? 

Be sensitive all you want, it doesn't make my statement any less true. You sound like a bitter ex wife. 

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Unlike you (at least your state position here), I like HCPH, but his antics as you describe them do drive me crazy.  I happen to think that his in-game tinkering is the best we've seen in a while, perhaps as good as Lindy's was when Lindy was good at it.  I also like Phil's system.  But his roster selections pre-game are just stupid.

So, that said, it occurred to me Sunday that what if...stay with me now...what if the analytics guy the Sabres have feeding the coaches data just plain old sucks at his job.  Or, worse, and this is where you really, really need to stay with me...what if the analytics guy is a MOLE!

2 minutes ago, ... said:

...what if the analytics guy the Sabres have feeding the coaches data just plain old sucks at his job.  Or, worse, and this is where you really, really need to stay with me...what if the analytics guy is a MOLE!

A third option:  What if the Sabres are diving even deeper into the stats and taking analytics to a level we've not even seen.  A level so far ahead of the laity and the rest of the league that a decent roster can win at levels far above expectations?  Huh?  Huh?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doohickie said:

A third option:  What if the Sabres are diving even deeper into the stats and taking analytics to a level we've not even seen.  A level so far ahead of the laity and the rest of the league that a decent roster can win at levels far above expectations?  Huh?  Huh?

I like the way you think.

p1xonxenavh11.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.