GDT - Sabres @ Pittsburgh - November 19, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST) - 8:00 PM (AST)

Sabres Fan in NS

This game worries me. Playing and beating 3 top 5 teams last week? No problem for the Sabres. Playing the Eastern Conference bottom feeder Penguins? Past me, as a jaded Sabres fan, already knows this outcome all too well. But this is a different team. They win games they maybe shouldn't and win games they should.

So here's to Dahlin continuing his trajectory, here's to Jack going off on some goals tonight, and here's to Larsson, getting his first?

Go Sabres.

8 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

This game worries me. Playing and beating 3 top 5 teams last week? No problem for the Sabres. Playing the Eastern Conference bottom feeder Penguins? Past me, as a jaded Sabres fan, already knows this outcome all too well. But this is a different team. They win games they maybe shouldn't and win games they should.

So here's to Dahlin continuing his trajectory, here's to Jack going off on some goals tonight, and here's to Larsson, getting his first?

Go Sabres.

That's why I posted above about the Sabres record against Pittsburg.  It's a BIG game for them to go in there and win.

Sabres have 1 shoot out win and 14 losses in the last 15 games.

Bulletin Board Material !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, inkman said:

So Tage got bumped up a line?  I've just about reached anti-Thompson crusade status.  

Inkman Jones and the Tage Crusade.

I'm not sure what he's showing, either. I've seen enough easily-defended toe drags get caught in his own skates and turnovers that he can "get perspective from above the ice" for a few games. I can't imagine he stays up when Wilson returns.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Is there a template someplace?  I thought JSB uses that format, but not anyone else.  Well, you use a similar format.  Feel free to do something up and post it in here ... I hope that doesn't sound pissy.

I just copy-paste from a thread I like.

55 minutes ago, inkman said:

So Tage got bumped up a line?  I've just about reached anti-Thompson crusade status.  

Yup. He was terrible and yet is given constant rewards. Meanwhile Erod is the only reason Sobotka has points and he gets benched. You know what is really sad though? Thompson - Rodrigues - Reinhart would probably be a decent line if Tage wasn't to awful. 

13 minutes ago, Hank said:

I don't care why Erods not playing, Phil's earned my trust. 

He's earned the opposite. He almost cost his team 2 games with his line changes but GT bailed them out early. 

Edited by LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup. He was terrible and yet is given constant rewards. Meanwhile Erod is the only reason Sobotka has points and he gets benched. You know what is really sad though? Thompson - Rodrigues - Reinhart would probably be a decent line if Tage wasn't to awful. 

He's earned the opposite. He almost cost his team 2 games with his line changes but GT bailed them out early. 

When Phil first put Pominville with Jack and Skinner you thought that was a great move? No, you didn't. Going into the year you thought they would have this kind of record? No, you didn't. Phil's done a great job so far. You just don't like him and constantly bitch about him. At this point you sound like a bitter ex wife. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.