GDT: Sabres at Wild, Sat 11/17/18, 6:00 pm

nfreeman

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Anyone else notice Foligno tried to end Dahlin on McCabe's goal?

Wasn't the only time he went after him.  It kind of seemed Marcus to a personal dislike to Rasmus. Curious as to the source of that.  I don't recall him making Nick Foligno look particularly stupid in the Columbus game, did he & Dahlin have a run in?  

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Yep, I noticed it on the replay right after the goal. 

I was advocating for Bogo or Risto to say hello 

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wasn't the only time he went after him.  It kind of seemed Marcus to a personal dislike to Rasmus. Curious as to the source of that.  I don't recall him making Nick Foligno look particularly stupid in the Columbus game, did he & Dahlin have a run in?  

Maybe a little bitter about his time in Buffalo? The hyped rookie being targeted by vets is nothing new, but I was pretty surprised to see it was Foligno. Thank god Dahlin kept his head up and was able to avoid that

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Watched the end one more time. Dahlin's celly was pretty good. Down on one knee while spinning around. Young, stretchy ligaments must be nice. I'm not sure that Eichel passed the puck to Pominville on the winner. It looked like the Wild player might have tipped it. Unfortunately I'm watching in standard def because my cable company has had the wrong programming on the high def MSG channel all weekend. Finally, I'm still shocked at Dumba quitting with 4 seconds left and just giving Eichel the puck. It's only a one in a million shot to tie the game from where that play would have started (Wild line), but what Dumba did made it zero in a million.

I’m not so sure he meant to but Eichel put his stick up against the Wild’s players stick so the Wild player couldn’t get a good handle on it. It spat right out of the corner on to Pommers stick.

• Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Maybe a little bitter about his time in Buffalo? The hyped rookie being targeted by vets is nothing new, but I was pretty surprised to see it was Foligno. Thank god Dahlin kept his head up and was able to avoid that

If Foligno wants to make it personal perhaps the Sabres Senior Marketing Director can tell him to lay off one of the Sabres Most Valuable Marketing Pieces 

1 hour ago, Leaf Blower said:

Absolutely agree. Of course this come from behind model isn't sustainable. Gotta start somewhere, somehow. This is just how it's happening thus far. 

Where I disagree? The culture change is in motion - now. 

Then you don't disagree....I said "keep the change headed in this direction". Similar too your "change is in motion" All is good either way?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

I think we are seeing the other side of when Foligno was a Sabre and there were moments where we'd say, "welcome to the NHL, rook".

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know about other plays, but to me that looked like Foligno trying to prevent a scoring chance.  If Dahlin leans into a shot, he would have taken a hit.  It's funny because in the post-game, Dahlin said he didn't see McCabe until the last second.  I think he noticed Foligno an pulled up and just tapped the puck ahead; not sure that was a pass or a survival tactic.

You have to remember that he's been playing in an adult league since he was 16; I'm sure you see the same kind of stuff in Sweden, plus I'm sure the other Sabres and HCPH have warned him to keep is head up in the slot.

Edited by Doohickie

I don't believe Foligno could do this with a legal hit (destroy Dahlin, that is). He's not nearly quick enough to catch Dahlin with such a tactic. More likely than not he ends up whiffing in air or hitting the boards empty handed.  Illegal hit is another story but that's not what was going on here. 

3 hours ago, Leaf Blower said:

Culture change is real. They ARE learning to win making anything else unacceptable.

This team has accepted failure in these previous years. This unit will not accept loss. They have learned that they are never out of it.

No offense.

I don't think those teams accepted failure. Anyway, this team and last year's team and the team from the year before are not the same team. The turnover has been enormous.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

If Foligno wants to make it personal perhaps the Sabres Senior Marketing Director can tell him to lay off one of the Sabres Most Valuable Marketing Pieces 

Very sneaky, sir.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

It was in the middle of the slot, and Foligno was clearly headhunting.

Only if Dahlin's head was about 4' 11" off the ice. Foligno didn't leave his feet and barely raised his elbow. 

Nonetheless, it was so slow and weak Dahlin just swerved away easily. 

Just now, nfreeman said:

I watched the replay and while I agree that Foligno was aiming for a big hit, I don't think it would've been, if it connected, a late hit or otherwise cheap shot.

I don't know, it looked to me that Foligno was a bit hard on Eichel and Dahlin.  Coincidentally, the players that we tanked for.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:32 AM, LGR4GM said:

Flip nylander and olofsson so they're on their correct wings and yes. 

Also... we should sit mittelstadt 1 game. Just to let him see from the box. I think it would give him some more perspective. 

You certainly can do that too, but I do know they have experience on their off-wings. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.