GDT: Sabres at Wild, Sat 11/17/18, 6:00 pm

nfreeman

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Wow, yes that makes him really valuable.....sorry, I saw a bunch of lackluster, uninspired play, missed passes, etc.  He was far less noticeable than some of the 3rd and 4th liners.  Bottom line is that he can make things happen himself and needs somebody else to create the opportunities for him.

Yes, being proficient at zone exits is valuable. He is good at passing and finding open players too. He's not a big offensive driver but every line he plays on sees their possession metrics improve. He's doing more than you give him credit for. 

2 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

Nobody wants Sam to succeed more than me.  He just still playing the Old Sabres game.  He needs to get faster with his stick, legs and mind to

catch up to the rest of the team.  I'm still hoping he can do it.  I feel he needs to take charge of the second line and produce there.  IMO

I will agree, but like I said, Pommer was losing a step on the top line; he needed a break.

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

After Ullmark got pulled in his last outing, this win was HUGE for him.  Allowing two early goals it would have been easy for this game to get away from him and the Sabres.  Credit to him and the whole team for hanging in there.

Happy for him, he definitely kept his head in it and made several big saves tonight. The last one was huge!

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

What a pass by Jack 

Absolutely as precious as the goal. 

Two assists today for Jack, both contributing directly to the two come from behind goals in the 3rd (weren't some asking for him to show up in the big moments?)

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

secondary scoring is often provided by a 2C- we don't have that right now. We are playing well, but that is a weak spot currently.

Right, but we'd need to spend multiple assets to fix it and so the best thing is to try and develop mittelstadt. If he doesn't work, then spend the assets. Winning like this is allowing us time to develop him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Right, but we'd need to spend multiple assets to fix it and so the best thing is to try and develop mittelstadt. If he doesn't work, then spend the assets. Winning like this is allowing us time to develop him. 

We are 1 injury away from disaster if anything happens to Jack.  We have no secondary option to feed Skinner and Pommers.  We are weak at center period.  Sam as part of a package can get us more depth, whether it be picks or whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How much to pry Malkin from an underachieving Pit?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.