GDT: Sabres at Wild, Sat 11/17/18, 6:00 pm

nfreeman

I'm going to say this now: Phil Housley, I was hard on you after initially being excited at your hiring. I have wanted your head on a platter at the end of the first 10 games of this season. I respectfully ask that you accept my humble apologies. Perhaps the combo of Jbots GM and Phil as coach has us moving in the right direction and I have never been happier to be so wrong about a coach. May you all grow together and continued success to all of you! Thank you for making Sabre hockey watchable once more! Signed: A long long suffering fan. This is so good to see.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He had multiple plays this game to exit the zone and get the puck moving up ice. 

I'll put it this way:  I think Reino is better on another line most of the time, but if we want Pommer to not wear out by the middle of the season, he needs spells on a lower line.

Your other option to spell Pommer is Okie and I don't think you want to take him off Mittelstadt's line.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

????  Okay, yes they're winning with line 1 scoring and strong goaltending.  Where else is the offense coming from?   Yes, we need a 2C!

No we don't. We need secondary scoring. It's why we need erod in the lineup. Also our defense scoring is awesome too see. 

Mitts isn't going to be meh forever. He's already doing a little more. Give him time. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

This!  I really don't like how Housley has messed up the lines.  Pommers should absolutely be with Jack and Skinner...period!  Sam has been putrid.  Rodriguez should also be in the lineup vs. Tage or Sam.

Nobody wants Sam to succeed more than me.  He just still playing the Old Sabres game.  He needs to get faster with his stick, legs and mind to

catch up to the rest of the team.  I'm still hoping he can do it.  I feel he needs to take charge of the second line and produce there.  IMO

Just now, LGR4GM said:

He had multiple plays this game to exit the zone and get the puck moving up ice. 

Wow, yes that makes him really valuable.....sorry, I saw a bunch of lackluster, uninspired play, missed passes, etc.  He was far less noticeable than some of the 3rd and 4th liners.  Bottom line is that he can make things happen himself and needs somebody else to create the opportunities for him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.