GDT: Sabres at Wild, Sat 11/17/18, 6:00 pm

nfreeman

Alrighty then. 

After a lengthy nuclear winter, the Sabres are making us all irrationally happy and reminding us why we love this team.  Even those of us who grew cold and dead inside due to years of neglect are allowing ourselves to daydream about playoff hockey.

They gave us another thrilling comeback win vs a top-echelon team last night, then got on a plane, flew to Minny, probably arrived at their hotel after midnight and are playing another high-quality opponent in the Wild, this time on less than 24 hours' rest.

If they can pull another one out, I and many others here are going to make some outlandish proclamations.

Some snippets:

- The Wild are 4-1-0 in their past five games and 11-3-0 in their past 14. They have allowed two goals or fewer in four of their past five games.

- Wild forward Mikael Granlund has six points (four goals, two assists) in his past five games and is one assist away from 200 for his NHL career.

- Zucker has five points (two goals, three assists) in his past four games. … Koivu has five points (two goals, three assists) in his past two games. … The Wild are 6-1-2 at home and one of three teams with one regulation home loss.

- NHL.com projects Ullmark to start in net and TT and Beaulieu to remain in the lineup, with ERod and Nelson scratched again.

Minny's line combos look like this:

LW C RW Forwards
Jason Zucker
Jason Zucker

Rating: 79.1#11 LW

Eric Staal
Eric Staal

Rating: 80.8#14 C

Mikael Granlund
Mikael Granlund

Rating: 79.7#19 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 79.85#7 FL1
Zach Parise
Zach Parise

Rating: 76.1#26 LW

Mikko Koivu
Mikko Koivu

Rating: 75.1#49 C

Nino Niederreiter
Nino Niederreiter

Rating: 73.1#61 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 74.78#8 FL2
Marcus Foligno
Marcus Foligno

Rating: 70.1#115 LW

Charlie Coyle
Charlie Coyle

Rating: 71.1#134 C

Jordan Greenway
Jordan Greenway

Rating: 71.7#83 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 70.99#26 FL3
Matt Hendricks
Matt Hendricks

Rating: 68.5#133 LW

Eric Fehr
Eric Fehr

Rating: 69.4#107 C

J.T. Brown
J.T. Brown

Rating: 68.7#115 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 68.88#29 FL4

Defensive Pairings Defense
Ryan Suter
Ryan Suter

Rating: 79.1#6 LD

Mathew Dumba
Mathew Dumba

Rating: 77.8#16 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 78.45#2 DL1
Jonas Brodin
Jonas Brodin

Rating: 74.7#31 LD

Jared Spurgeon
Jared Spurgeon

Rating: 78.2#15 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 76.43#3 DL2
Nick Seeler
Nick Seeler

Rating: 72.1#66 LD

Greg Pateryn
Greg Pateryn

Rating: 71.3#73 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 71.74#15 DL3

• spndnchz unpinned and pinned this topic
37 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Tage is gonna score tonight, he will learn from his gaffs last night and come out playing better, eichel will net one with Skinner and Dahlin getting the assists and okposo will score one in a hard fought 3-2 victory in regulation. 

I think Larry gets a goal tonight. He deserves one 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I think Larry gets a goal tonight. He deserves one 

I was going to write last night that Larry has been performing like an elite fourth liner lately.  It makes me wince on the one hand, but happy on the other.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

So, what the heck is going on behind the scenes that causes Housley to have such a radically different opinion about Rodrigues than the rest of us?

I like Rodrigues’ energy but I still don’t feel like he’s bringing much more than Berglund or Sobotka and am completely fine with those two drawing in over him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.