GDT Buffalo Sabres @ Winnipeg Jets 8:00pm ET 11/16/2018

Doohickie

We actually switched first round draft picks and you guys got the higher pick if I'm not mistaken. I believe Tkachuk had broken his leg and slipped down the draft that year.

Smith was a dick for trading Hawerchuk. No matter what their return, you won't win that trade.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Well nobody has to really get hurt can't they just wrastle a little, you know one of those I hold your jersey you hold mine while we ice dance....?

Actually I thought they were line mates and buds when Zach was there but maybe it was more Kane like.. 

Buff who was paired up with enstrom. BOGO and buff are both right hand defenseman. Sorry for typos on my phone

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

We actually switched first round draft picks and you guys got the higher pick if I'm not mistaken. I believe Tkachuk had broken his leg and slipped down the draft that year.

Smith was a dick for trading Hawerchuk. No matter what their return, you won't win that trade.

IIRC... After the draft the Sabres claimed that drafting May instead of Tkachuck was part of the agreement and they were comfortable with that because they had May and Tkachuck rated evenly.

Oopsie.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

No.  The richard move was bringing Hawerchuk's best friend, Arniel, back in return.  They were best men in each other's wedding & Arniel convinced Hawerchuk that he'd like playing in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No.  The richard move was bringing Hawerchuk's best friend, Arniel, back in return.  They were best men in each other's wedding & Arniel convinced Hawerchuk that he'd like playing in Buffalo.

yes they were linemates in junior as well. They won the Memorial Cup together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.