GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30p EST NBCSN

MattPie

And I like Doc when he's calling important games and has to focus on the play the whole time. He's skilled. But get him with his buddies on a meaningless midseason game and it's annoying.

Also, I think they should find a massive sheet of ice somewhere and do a variety of skating technique races so we can definitively figure out who is fast and who isn't relative to league average. I mean, some of us would apparently bet money that Pominville would beat Reinhart in a straight line race, and I guarantee that some of us would bet money otherwise. it's so hard to tell.

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing the Bolts report about calling up Cernak reminds me: When the Bolts are in town, you'll see a LOT fair number of SYR/CNY Crunch fans in the building (with their Bolts gear). Which I have always found fun. Those are some serious fans.

Edited by That Aud Smell

57 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And I like Doc when he's calling important games and has to focus on the play the whole time. He's skilled. But get him with his buddies on a meaningless midseason game and it's annoying.

Also, I think they should find a massive sheet of ice somewhere and do a variety of skating technique races so we can definitively figure out who is fast and who isn't relative to league average. I mean, some of us would apparently bet money that Pominville would beat Reinhart in a straight line race, and I guarantee that some of us would bet money otherwise. it's so hard to tell. 

Some of us already know, while others also know but don't wanna admit it.

6 hours ago, darksabre said:

Yes

No. I like Mike, but I'm in the Randall camp.

5 hours ago, darksabre said:

I thought Eichel looked great in the 3rd period. I think whatever was bothering him in the 1st period slowed him down in the second a bit, like he wasn't into his game rhythm. 

Yes. I wonder if nfreeman saw that shift in overtime.

Another Hockey night in Buffalo.

Lets hope the Tampa team stayed in TO a little late for St. Louis enshrinement and maybe even had a couple of Lagers to celebrate with all them hosers.

I just don't understand Phil's fixation on getting Tage ice time against a top team given how poorly he has played. He skates fast but hasn't shown any ability to process the game quickly. I can't think of a worse match up to throw him out there in against a fast, smart, shifty Tampa team.

Maybe Doohickie is right and Bergland is nursing an injury but if speeds what Phil really wants why not Remi.

As for you NS, No way to Ullmark he played like Mutton, we want Hutton.

So we get a backup goalie no respect card and Phil juggling lines that were working well. Last years Sabres made backup goalies look like all stars.. 

I guess i'll see if this years team has really changed.   If the lines look disorganized and not working well, how long will Phil wait before he puts Sam back between Vlad and and Erod?  I'm going with 3rd period if we are behind by 2 or more goals..

Lets go Buffalo, lets win one for the home crowd.        

Edited by R_Dudley

I'm with Duds as always. Phil should absolutely play the respect card before this one. "Listen, fellas. We're feeling pretty good about where we're at, but what do you think the rest of the hockey world thinks about us? Wanna know what the Lightning think about us? Their backup goalie is in. No respect. This one's on NBCSN. Let's go beat those effin Frogs!"

He wouldn't use all those words, but you get my drift.

Edited by PASabreFan
fried chicken fingers
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

No. I like Mike, but I'm in the Randall camp.

Yes. I wonder if nfreeman saw that shift in overtime.

Before the third Vancouver goal I believe, Jack was right in front of the net and broke up a scoring attempt.  The puck went behind the net, and just a few seconds later was centered and the third goal was scored.  I think Jack didn't anticipate the puck coming back out as quick as it did and couldn't get into position in time.  Considering the play he just made, though, I didn't think it was a question of him being slow or dogging it, just surprised by the play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.