Olympic/national teams, whos best?

mjd1001

Who will be the dominant nation in the next decade for hockey (Olympics, World cup)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Whos going to be the best in the next decade of senior international competition (Oympics, World Cup)

• Canada
    • U.S.A.
    • Sweden
    • Russia
    • Finland

With Rasmus Dahlin coming into the NHL, and with the Sabres playing Elias Petterson today, I got to thinking about how strong of a hockey nation Sweden usually is, and it may be getting stronger in the next few years..with that said, does anyone think they may unseat Canada as having the best national/Olympic/world cup program in the near future? 

With Karlson, Hedmund, Ekman-Larson, Klingberg, Ekholm,  and eventually Dahlin on the D-unit, anyone might have a tough time matching that.

No matter what, I am looking forward to the next round of international competition tournaments.

Canada is still the best, but Team USA has the potential to ice their best team since...2002? I know they won the silver in 2010, but I think I like the 2002 lineup more as a whole. Anyway, I say they have the potential to ice their best roster in almost 2 decades because the last go 'round they decided to leave 30-goal scorers at home and have Dan Bylsma as the head coach. Hopefully they're less dumb next time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.