GDT Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres 1:00pm ET 11/10/18

Doohickie

5 hours ago, RambosKnife said:

What happened with GDT? First post said under construction and now it’s normal.

When I was editing it I pasted something in from another site that had "frames" and then decided to delete it and couldn't figure out how to get rid of the frames, so I just started the thing over and deleted the first one.

Sometimes I don't like the new forum software.

So, like I said ... I love the SO.  Not really, but I will take this one.

What a comeback.  Showed a lot of character.  Of course I missed the last 5 minutes of the 3rd, the OT and the SO dealing with yet another client emergency.

This team is really becoming a team and they are really starting to work hard and well together.

I think that Phil coached as if his job was on the line for that last 5 minutes of regulation.  He is starting to get it and have his players get it too.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
my fingers do not know what they are doing ...
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ... said:

I caught that.  I don't think I ever saw his turbo jets engage quicker.

I paid special attention to the crowd, knowing they already won by the time I got a chance to see the last 5 minutes of the third.  The crowd was as good as you can ask for across the NHL.  That has to mean something to the team, many who were booed if the crowd wasn't library-quiet.

Well, those of us that stuck around should have been into the comeback.  But sadly, there had only been about 15k in attendance to begin with and about half the crowd was gone by the time Skinner scored.  Those that stayed, though, were loud.

Fun game to be at, though I spent waaaay too much time watching the tunnel to the bench hoping to see Eichel come back to the bench.  As others mentioned, it was obvious Jack wasn't right in the 2nd, though by the end of the period that 1/2 hitch to get started moving was gone & stayed gone in the 3rd.

Watched Pettersson a lot this game & was surprised how quiet he was.  Pretty much made a beeline to the front of the net whenever he didn't have the puck.  Had one very sneaky tip early in the 3rd that just missed wide.  Other than that, though his line spent what seemed like hours in the Sabres end, he really didn't do much until he drew the penalty in OT.  Good penalty to take IMHO, really felt like he was going to score if he got the shot off.

And Pominville seems to have hit the wall.  REALLY hoping Housley gives him about 2 games in the press box to get his legs back.  He was further behind the play than normal & IMHO the extra effort he's expending trying to get into position is taking just enough out of him that he can't finish those shots from in close.

Put Reinhart in his spot for 2 games, then go back to the lines that have been working.  Put Thompson (or Elie) on Rodrigues' line those 2 games to see if sheltered minutes can benefit him.

Edited by Taro T

20 hours ago, Taro T said:

And Pominville seems to have hit the wall.  REALLY hoping Housley gives him about 2 games in the press box to get his legs back.  He was further behind the play than normal & IMHO the extra effort he's expending trying to get into position is taking just enough out of him that he can't finish those shots from in close.

Put Reinhart in his spot for 2 games, then go back to the lines that have been working.  Put Thompson (or Elie) on Rodrigues' line those 2 games to see if sheltered minutes can benefit him.

I'm seeing that as well. Inevitable, really. Did I hear correctly that Reinhart was on the Eichel line in the 3rd period?

48 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'm seeing that as well. Inevitable, really. Did I hear correctly that Reinhart was on the Eichel line in the 3rd period?

Yes.  If you listen to the HCPH postgame, he mentions it (some time after 4:20 if I recall correctly).

On 11/10/2018 at 3:40 PM, dudacek said:

Two of my oldest and best friends are hardcore Canucks and Habs fans.

There was chirping today. The Canuck fan has been a little prematurely full of himself.

But it’s nice that the chirping is about the playoff race instead of the turtle derby all three of us have been expecting.

Most Canucks fans I know have a weird obsession/anger over Mittelstadt being ranked in the same breath and sometimes even above Pettersson in off-season propsect rankings. I mean, they have a point, Pettersson is the superior prospect. But, 1, who cares, it's not like we drafted Casey before Elias, and it's not like Sabres fans put together those lists. And 2, Sabres fans generally don't care because we have the guy at the very top of the prospect lists anyways, in Dahlin. 

Seems they'll be holding on to the Pettersson/Mittelstadt thing for a bit, though. In that respect, Mittelstadt's shootout winner was even sweeter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.