E-Rod --Was That The Real E-Rod Last Night?

bob_sauve28

I think we know what he is now.....he is a guy who is going to give you about 10 goals and 30 assists in a full season...playing 3rd and 4th line minutes...with the OCCASIONAL bump up to a higher line when the coach wants to shake things up or when a bunch of injuries hit.  Good Skater, hard worker.  I just would like to see him get a little better (or get used more) penalty killing.

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I think we know what he is now.....he is a guy who is going to give you about 10 goals and 30 assists in a full season...playing 3rd and 4th line minutes...with the OCCASIONAL bump up to a higher line when the coach wants to shake things up or when a bunch of injuries hit.  Good Skater, hard worker.  I just would like to see him get a little better (or get used more) penalty killing.

He's our Kris Draper.

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He should never be out of the lineup. 

If Phil does this w/o an injury reason in play his coaching IQ would be seriously questioned by me and many other's here.

As GA said best 5 v 5 play last year and pretty damn close to that this year.

I would love to see what his production could be if he had at least one more offensively skilled forward than who he's played with.

Devil's advocate......

He sat because Phil saw something he didn't like and the message was well received, hence the performance against Montreal.

All these opinions are assumptions that Housley doesn't know what he is doing.  This teaming is playing like it hasn't in nearly a decade.  Maybe Phil is doing something right here....

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

If Phil does this w/o an injury reason in play his coaching IQ would be seriously questioned by me and many other's here.

As GA said best 5 v 5 play last year and pretty damn close to that this year.

I would love to see what his production could be if he had at least one more offensively skilled forward than who he's played with.

Maybe if Pominville slumps Erod gets the nod to play with Jack and Skinner 

17 minutes ago, Weave said:

Devil's advocate......

He sat because Phil saw something he didn't like and the message was well received, hence the performance against Montreal.

All these opinions are assumptions that Housley doesn't know what he is doing.  This teaming is playing like it hasn't in nearly a decade.  Maybe Phil is doing something right here....

I thought he sat because his wife had a baby.

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

We've just doesn't want to be wrong about E-Rod. ?

LOL

But that wan't my point.  Phil might just see the potential in this kid but maybe he wasn't doing something Phil wanted him doing.  He obviously did something right in Montreal.  We're quick to call Housley stupid because he's sitting someone we don't want sitting.  The team is doing well.  Maybe there is a method to what is being seen as madness.

That's not an indictment of Erod, if anything it's more a postive take on Housley.

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

LOL

But that wan't my point.  Phil might just see the potential in this kid but maybe he wasn't doing something Phil wanted him doing.  He obviously did something right in Montreal.  We're quick to call Housley stupid because he's sitting someone we don't want sitting.  The team is doing well.  Maybe there is a method to what is being seen as madness.

That's not an indictment of Erod, if anything it's more a postive take on Housley.

Oh I know, just couldn't resist ?

And could certainly be the case. Plenty of legitimately good coaching tactics will always rile us fans up! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Larsson looked better after he sat. So did Berglund and ERod. Thompson probably did too, but he still wasn’t good enough. 

We talk about depth being needed to keep the team honest. When we see it happen maybe we should recognize it.

I do think, though, it's reasonable to wish it wasn't Tage this was happening with. 

He really does hurt the team right now. 

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

I thought he sat because his wife had a baby.

Not for nothing, if that didn't go smoothly and the first week at home didn't go smoothly, a week without playing could have been to allow them to get their hands around whatever was happening. 

Just now, Weave said:

Not for nothing, if that didn't go smoothly and the first week at home didn't go smoothly, a week without playing could have been to allow them to get their hands around whatever was happening. 

Judging by the absolute nothing made out of the situation in the media, as far as I'm aware, this has to be the best explanation.  Everyone knows more of the story, nobody's talking out of respect to ERod.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.