Eichel's Season So Far

WildCard

I hold a bias towards centers and defenders but Ratanen is awesome. That said if I were building a team, I want either a center or an elite defender to start. Again, that's my bias. 

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That’s exactly my point.  Dahlin.  Maybe Ratanen.  I love this guys game and he helped make MacKinnon a star.  Clearly this is a very short list and Marner isn’t on it.  

17 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Didn’t we discuss some published list that had Marner rated higher then Jack?

Seriously, how many guys in the NHL not named McDavid would you want to build around over Jack?

I showed above Jack’s favorable comparison to MacKinnon.  I love Barkov, but he isn’t as dynamic offensively as Jack.  Matthews? Marner? Who?

The other thing is, Eichel is cheaper than McDavid and Matthews will be. That's a pretty nice benefit for a comparable player

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I hold a bias towards centers and defenders but Ratanen is awesome. That said if I were building a team, I want either a center or an elite defender to start. Again, that's my bias. 

I don't think it's a bias if it's objectively correct

2 hours ago, Marions Piazza said:

love all the hot takes about Eichel even after yesterdays game. some random quotes i saw last night;

"Eichel is on a hot streak right now, but there are still 15 other guys I would take over him"

"Eichel is only good because he has Skinner"

"he's a showboat a__hole every time he scores" (from a Bruins fan who probably thinks Marchand isn't a d-bag)

"he still isn't in the same world as McDavid and Matthews"

Where did you see this trash?

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Although I love Pastrnak, Ratanen and both Tkachuks. 

This draft is deep in wingers... we could get a Pastrnak or a Ratanen. That 2015 draft was insane. Eichel, McDavid, Ratanen, Marner, Aho, Chabot, Barzal, Werenski, Hanifin, Connor, Boeser, Provorov, Konecny, Meier. What a draft. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Not going to say this too loud in case the hockey gods are listening, and I'm not even saying I think it would happen, but could you IMAGINE if the Sabres knocked the leafs in the first round this year, especially if Eichel scored the last game winner? Lake Erie would become the worlds largest salt lake.

Edited by sabills

By the way here are the top 7 in scoring in the NHL with their ages

1. Rantanen (22) - 56 pts

2. MacKinnon (23) - 52 pts

3. McJesus (21) - 49 pts

4. Kutcherov (25) - 48 pts

5. Scheiffele (25) - 46 pts

6. Johnny Hockey (25) - 45 pts

7. Eichel (22) - 45 pts

By the way Jack is now at 1.32 pts per game as compared to MacKinnon’s 22 year old season last year at 1.31 pts per game and Jack isn’t playing with Mikko Rantanen on the wing.

10 hours ago, Marions Piazza said:

love all the hot takes about Eichel even after yesterdays game. some random quotes i saw last night;

"Eichel is on a hot streak right now, but there are still 15 other guys I would take over him"

"Eichel is only good because he has Skinner"

"he's a showboat a__hole every time he scores" (from a Bruins fan who probably thinks Marchand isn't a d-bag)

"he still isn't in the same world as McDavid and Matthews"

This one was so bogus, full of names above Jack like Marner, Scheifele, and Stamkos. It sounded like it was from someone not seeing a lot of recent Sabres games.

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That’s exactly my point.  Dahlin.  Maybe Ratanen.  I love this guys game and he helped make MacKinnon a star.  Clearly this is a very short list and Marner isn’t on it.  

I'd imagine if Jack was playing on a line with MacKinnon that he'd have more points than Rantanen. 

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

By the way here are the top 7 in scoring in the NHL with their ages

1. Rantanen (22) - 56 pts

2. MacKinnon (23) - 52 pts

3. McJesus (21) - 49 pts

4. Kutcherov (25) - 48 pts

5. Scheiffele (25) - 46 pts

6. Johnny Hockey (25) - 45 pts

7. Eichel (22) - 45 pts

By the way Jack is now at 1.32 pts per game as compared to MacKinnon’s 22 year old season last year at 1.31 pts per game and Jack isn’t playing with Mikko Rantanen on the wing.

Something something a players prime something something

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

To a degree.  But he'll never have the elbows. ;)

Link to head shot on Modano. This one was a shoulder, vicious and suspension worthy in today's game. I can't believe the first responders dropping the stretcher while taking Modano away. This happens near the end of the video.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.