RJ has lost his touch.

Eleven

I agree that he is really struggling.

But, as others have stated, I just don't care. The sound of that voice can so easily evoke memories of staying up late in bed, with my wood-paneled clock radio playing the game, listening to a late game out west, hearing that a LES storm was coming in, feeling assured that there'd be a snow day tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Marions Piazza said:

i had to watch the TSN broadcast, the Sabres put Hutton in for the 3rd, took half a period before they stopped saying Ullmark

There was this...  it was with 6 minutes left in the period that they noticed. All announcers need spotters giving them the extra detailing on numbers and happenings.

RJ is a legend and has been awesome for years, but our overall broadcast pales in comparison to our oppositions' on many nights. When Dunleavy calls the game I'm happy to miss the Sabres broadcast. Sure, I miss Ray being silly and Biron's analysis, but the in-game information and presentation, and calls are better --- especially if you're in and out of the room making dinner or whatnot -- the announcer lets me know when I need to dash back to the TV or refer to some movie franchise or another. We're missing that right now on our broadcast.

I went out to rake some leaves when it was 3-1.

Great experience to hear the win happen.

On Mittlestadt’s SO goal - on a radio feed - RJ sounded totally behind what was going on. I heard the horn before I heard RJ indicate a goal.

Did I just miss his forecast of the event because I think as huffing and puffing with yard work?

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

On Mittlestadt’s SO goal - on a radio feed - RJ sounded totally behind what was going on. I heard the horn before I heard RJ indicate a goal.

Did I just miss his forecast of the event because I think as huffing and puffing with yard work?

I'll never understand why people do this. Let nature take its course!

15 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

All in all it was a great call, but I can see how it wouldn't work on radio. Another nostalgic callback to a classic Jeanneret call from the 70s. Rick's on a farewell tour, perhaps.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'll never understand why people do this. Let nature take its course!

Ehh. There are reasons given where I live. I have 2 huge trees on an urban street. So, a lot of leaves. And they create storm drain issues. Snowblower issues. Also, my fat ass can use the exercise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.