GDT Montreal Canadiens vs Buffalo Sabres 7:30pm ET 11/8/18

Andrew Amerk

Another Hockey night for Buffalo. 

Watched Montreal against the Rangers the other night and found it weird to have to root for the rangers after they beat us Sunday but I did because I didn't want Montreal to win and in the 3rd The rangers came through.  Montreal has been a good 2 period team but has lost several in the 3rd now including the one to us.

We should be fresher team so lets go Buffalo I  know we can beat these guys.     

12 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

(Normal GDT rules are suspended for this game, per my call, since it is against the Habs. Prison rules apply today.) 

You do realize Randall hasn't posted on this yet because of the fear the DoochickenMan is lying in the weeds awaiting his arrival. You unsypathetic S.O.B.

???

Edited by jsb
CYA emoji additions
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, grinreaper said:

A little humor from the linked article (I guess it's the Derek Roy affect):

The striker now touches wood for the rest of his career and wants above all to stay healthy.This Thursday, Pominville and the Sabers will face the Canadiens in Montreal for a meeting that is always so special for the principal.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/antichambre-l-experience-payante-de-jason-pominville-1.6452024

Gotta love that Google translate.  Always a big laugh.

This isn't a huge complaint, but with the theme of maximizing your most important roster pieces, I'd like to see Sobotka, whose struggles are well-documented, on a line other than Sam/Erod's. It's more important for this team for Sam to be scoring (which likely won't happen sustainably with Vlad) than it is to bring Vlad up to meh from mediocre/bad.

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Also I was sooo wrong about Domi, who has tied last season's 82 game goal output (and that of 59 games the season before) in 15 games.

Yeah I remember seeing him the first time the sabres played Arizona in 14-15 season and thinking he looked good. Taken 12th that year in round 1. Isn't that teh same year we took sam 2nd? 

I know who I would rather have right now... 

46 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This isn't a huge complaint, but with the theme of maximizing your most important roster pieces, I'd like to see Sobotka, whose struggles are well-documented, on a line other than Sam/Erod's. It's more important for this team for Sam to be scoring (which likely won't happen sustainably with Vlad) than it is to bring Vlad up to meh from mediocre/bad.

Exactly. I would rather see Sobotka sit than in the lineup at this point. He's a giant anchor on any line he sees. 

19 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Also I was sooo wrong about Domi, who has tied last season's 82 game goal output (and that of 59 games the season before) in 15 games.

No you were not. Domi is shooting at 28.1% right now that is completely unsustainable, especially for someone with a career sh% of 10.1. At 10.1 he would hit roughly 17 goals on the season, while I believe this season he will top that, he isn't a 20+% sniper suddenly appearing. 

Domi is maybe a 20 goal scorer but this pace is bound to slow. He's basically pulling a Stafford. Or William Karlsson, he went from 23.4% down to 11.5%. Domi will come back to earth, the question is when. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.