GDT Montreal Canadiens vs Buffalo Sabres 7:30pm ET 11/8/18

Andrew Amerk

5 minutes ago, sabills said:

*desperately mashing F5 until they update the standings* ahh, its good to be back.

I find Yahoo Sports to be the quickest.  Usually about 5 minutes after the game, the win/loss is added.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Wondering if playing in Moe-ray-all for the 1st time as a pro weighed heavy on Dahlin.

It messes up every rookie, every year.  No reason to think it wouldn't affect him.  Usually, it's the night out before the game, and I wouldn't doubt it here, either.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

After video review, the ancient Jason Pominville was the first Sabre to show a discernible reaction on the bench when Ristolainen scored. Stick lift. Who says reaction time slows as you age?

Certainly not Dr. Johnny Fever.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It messes up every rookie, every year.  No reason to think it wouldn't affect him.  Usually, it's the night out before the game, and I wouldn't doubt it here, either.  

Funny you say that.  Told the wife, his shaky play early had to be 1 of 3 things:

1. 1st game in Moe-ray-all since WJC 2 years ago;

2. Being paired w/ Beaulieu again; or

3. Key-beck's drinking age. ;)

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Were they bad, though, or did they just not stand out as being really good? I thought he's been pretty solid

I thought he had a lot of trouble with positioning in both zones, struggling with the speed of the play.

It's a very real possibility that the things I saw were because we played two of the speediest forward groups in the league in those two games though. I'd not be willing to take him off the line just yet, I'm just praying his legs stay under him as long as possible.

Edited by Randall Flagg

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I thought he had a lot of trouble with positioning in both zones, struggling with the speed of the play.

It's a very real possibility that the things I saw were because we played two of the speediest forward groups in the league in those two games though. I'd not be willing to take him off the line just yet, I'm just praying his legs stay under him as long as possible.

And if that line is scoring at the pace it is, you don't change it. Who knows what his effect is on those two?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.